Character encoding in paths

• I'm trying to embed KRPano using SWFObject, and passing the Sphere and Preview filename via a JS parameter.

I'm trying to generate correctly sized images and previews using phpThumb, but it uses some URL parameters to pass details to the resizing script, e.g.

Code
    phpThumb.php?src=/assets/images/equi/towers-03.jpg&w=1000&h=500&q=15&fltr[]=gray&fltr[]=blur|10

However when I try and pass this in via SWFObject, some of the parameters seem to be stripped off. Is there any documentation about what characters KRPano doesn't like? I think the equal sign is being removed. Even URL encoding the params don't seem to work. Any ideas?

• Here's the code:

Code
    swfobject.embedSWF("krpano.swf", "pano",  "960", "480", "9.0.28",  "swfobject/expressInstall.swf", 
                                {pano:"krpano.xml", sphere:"/assets/util/phpThumb/phpThumb.php/4000x2000;/assets/images/equi/towers-10.jpg", "preview.url":"/assets/util/phpThumb/phpThumb.php/q=25;fltr[]=gray;fltr[]=blur|10;1000x500;/assets/images/equi/towers-10.jpg"}, 
                                {allowfullscreen:true, bgcolor:"#ffffff", allowscriptaccess: 'sameDomain'}, 
                                {id:'pano', name:'pano'});

The default format for passing params to PHP thumb (standard GET params) doesn't work - this alternative format does work for the sphere, but it is the = character that is causing problems. KRPano seems to truncate the preview URL at the first = so it actually tries to call:

Code
    /assets/util/phpThumb/phpThumb.php/q

Encoding the = doesn't seem to help.

• Hi,

interessting, but it's not krpano that truncates the string, I think the way how the parameters will be passed to the flash is the problem,

the swfobject script generates finally something like that to pass the variables to flash:

Code
    <param name="flashvars" value="sphere=...&preview.url=...">

and there a '=' will cause a problem,
    a way of encoding should help, but I don't know yet, what way... (I will try to find out)

best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!