krpano 1.19-pr8 with macOS Sierra support, improved iOS 10 support and new localhost servers

• Hi,

after 1.19-pr7 here another minor update to support the recent changes in the OS/Browser/Flashplayer world:

• Support for macOS Sierra (OSX 10.12)

• In the macOS Sierra version Apple had added some new restrictions for applications - without updated code-signing current applications were no longer able to access other applications from within the same folder. But that is a design the krpano tools are depending on - there is a core command-line 'krpanotools' executable and additional gui-tools and droplets that are accessing it.
      • The new krpano release (with updated code-signing) should now work in all OSX versions from Mac OSX 10.9 to macOS Sierra 10.12.
    • Inline-videos on the iPhone with iOS 10 are now working also in third party browsers (Chrome, Firefox) and apps that don't support the native iOS10 inline-video feature yet. For these browsers the inline-video-workaround works almost like the iOS 9 one - an additional sound file is required for the video sound and an initial touch is required for loading the video.
    • Since the recent Flashplayer version 23 update (many systems and browsers are updating the Flashplayer automatically and unnoticeable) the access to local files is not allowed anymore by default. There were 'security errors' about that the loading of the xml files is not possible (especially when using the toureditor plugin, which is still Flashplayer-based).
      The updated krpano Flash viewer detects this case now and shows information how to change the Flashplayer settings to allow the access again.
    • To make local usage and local testing easier - there are now new simple and easy-to-use localhost servers applications included.
      When building a VTOUR there will be additional 'tour_testingserver.exe' (for Windows) and 'tour_testingserver_macos' (for Mac) files - just click/start them and the tour will automatically open in the browser using a localhost server.

Additionally these things have been updated or fixed:

• There is a new protection setting to block the external (cross-domain) embedding via iframes. This can be used to avoid that someone else would embed the panos from your page into another page using iframes.
    • Support for the recent WebVR API 1.1 was added.
    • The vtourskin.xml has an additional 'skin_settings.webvr_prev_next_hotspots' setting for disabling the default VR scene navigation hotspots.
    • Fix: Since the recent Google Maps API update the touch-moving and gesture-zooming on map-spots on iOS was also moving and zooming the webpage - the updated googlemaps plugin avoids this now.
    • Fix: when using the gyro and hotspot-navigation the pano was fully-zoomed in (a bug in the vtourskin.xml and an unintended behavior of the lookat action with empty parameters).

Best regards,
    Klaus

• How can we get this exe file loading our html when NOT using any vtour/droplet stuff ? Or maybe generate one that will always load the index.htm beside him ?

The 'tour_testingserver.exe' and 'tour_testingserver_macos' files are located in the 'templates/html/' folder.

These files will be simply copied when building tours by the htmltemplate_additional_file setting in the config files.

That means you can also copy and use them manually.

When starting the servers they will open the index.html or tour.html from the current folder in the browser.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• I have upgraded krpano from 1.19-pr3 to 1.19-pr8 to fix iOS 10 issues.
    Also updated the plugins (gyro2.js and videoplayer.js / videoplayer.swf)

Unfortunately now my video panorama doesn't play on Chrome (desktop) anymore. .

I don't get any error messages to help me debug this issue . .

Could it be that some of the "Improved XML / Actions system." broke my app?

At first it also didn't work in Chrome on my Android phone, but after a reboot the app suddenly works again . .
    I'm guessing it might have been a (hard) cached plugin mismatch with the player or something..

Edited once, last by annejan (October 3, 2016 at 5:26 PM).

• We have updated to the latest release. WE can now play the pano video on iphone ios 10. However, for some reason once the user touches the screen, the native player is shown until the user hits done, the krpano video is playing again in 360 mode and functioning as expected.

Do you know a reason why the native player shows on first touch only?

• Thanks a lot Klaus.

This is a great way to facilitate the pano locally without the browser restrictions appearing.

I would suggest "hiding" the macros file mayne in the skin folder and that would allow having only a minimum set of files (an html and the exe file in the root folder. But that would be possible in core programming only.

Keep the magic going.

• I would suggest "hiding" the macros file mayne in the skin folder and that would allow having only a minimum set of files (an html and the exe file in the root folder. But that would be possible in core programming only.

Do you mean the 'tour_testingserver_macos' file?
    That's for MacOS systems, hiding it inside a subfolder doesn't make sense.
    If your output is for Window systems only, you could delete that file of course.

About just having a exe + html + folder - that would be possible of course - just build your folders and paths this way.
    The testing server tool itself will always just open the index.html or tour.html form the same folder.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

I've noticed that inline-video in iPhone IOS 10 is not working from facebook browser - on touch video is opened in separate window as regular video. Is it possible to get an update for that issue?

I've noticed that inline-video in iPhone IOS 10 is not working from facebook browser - on touch video is opened in separate window as regular video. Is it possible to get an update for that issue?

Do you use version 1.19-pr8?!
    (updated viewer and updated videoplayer plugin)

• I dont think so..I have latest PTP version, which was released 23.09. If I understood the whole process corectly I have to request krpano licence trough PTP interface (already did), use krpano update tool and replace files on my build tour? At least until Kolor releases new update which containts 1.19-pr8. I apologize for my ingnorace on the subject *unsure*

• Hi, I'm having issue to use the tour editor, i ask me flashplayer (i did some tour edition with no pb previously)

edit: nop, i' good, I RTFM :)

Edited once, last by mattel (October 13, 2016 at 4:07 PM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!