You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Alexey Tkachenko

Professional

• "Alexey Tkachenko" started this thread

Thursday, October 6th 2016, 1:50pm

Layers in VR

Hi guys!

I've started doing my first VR tour and so far I managed to have it working within a custom-made skin and also I managed to implement hotspot tooltips (as distorted hotspots).

As far as I understand, when VR mode is activated all layes are hidden (except those with vr="true" setting). And anyway, using layers seems pointless, because user interaction is done via the VR cursor (which is hotspot and it can't hover a layer). However, if I want to keep some important layers (say, textfield layer with scene name), will it be visible in all VR headsets or only in cardboard? I saw somewhere on the forum that only WebGL content can be shown in some 'true' VR headsets using Chromium.

The question is - is it worth trying to make some simple info layers for VR or better go for distorted hotspots only?

Thanks for advice ;-)
Regards,

Alexey

Thursday, October 6th 2016, 1:54pm

Hi,

when you would consider supporting browsers with WebVR API support - for Oculus Rift, HTC-Vive, the native GearVR browser and the upcoming WebVR support in Chrome for Daydream phones - I would recommend going for hotspots at the moment (no distorted hotspots are already working too).

Btw - text-support for webgl-hotspots/WebVR is in work of course.

Best regards,
Klaus