• Hi guys!

I've started doing my first VR tour and so far I managed to have it working within a custom-made skin and also I managed to implement hotspot tooltips (as distorted hotspots).

As far as I understand, when VR mode is activated all layes are hidden (except those with vr="true" setting). And anyway, using layers seems pointless, because user interaction is done via the VR cursor (which is hotspot and it can't hover a layer). However, if I want to keep some important layers (say, textfield layer with scene name), will it be visible in all VR headsets or only in cardboard? I saw somewhere on the forum that only WebGL content can be shown in some 'true' VR headsets using Chromium.

The question is - is it worth trying to make some simple info layers for VR or better go for distorted hotspots only?

Thanks for advice *wink*

Regards,

Alexey

• Hi,

when you would consider supporting browsers with WebVR API support - for Oculus Rift, HTC-Vive, the native GearVR browser and the upcoming WebVR support in Chrome for Daydream phones - I would recommend going for hotspots at the moment (no distorted hotspots are already working too).

Btw - text-support for webgl-hotspots/WebVR is in work of course.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!