You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, November 24th 2016, 3:06pm

Hotspot callback on Android Chrome.

Hi,

in a html5 embed, I created some hotspots with a simple "onclick" callback hiding the hotspots themselves. They work fine on non-mobile, and on iOs phones and tablets, any major browser.

On Android phones though, the onclick callback doesn't always get fired upon touching, it often requires several attempts. Is it a known issue?

Using Android 6.0.1, up-to-date browsers (Chrome and Firefox), krpano 1.19-pr8 (build 2016-09-30), and its gyro.js plugin.

jeromebg

Professional

Thursday, November 24th 2016, 3:34pm

with a link it would be easier to helpe you ;)
have you tried ondown instead of onclick ?

Thursday, November 24th 2016, 3:46pm

The ondown event is triggered also when the pano gets panned, so it's not optimal. A response to a tap would be better.
Unfortunately I can provide only a link to a demo of the final build, which involves animations and other complications, but the behaviour of the hotspots in a simplified version is the same.

http://sky-advent-calendar.s3.amazonaws.com/index.html

jeromebg

Professional

Thursday, November 24th 2016, 5:44pm

what is the code you use for your hotspots ?
I tried on a samsung S7 - chrome, when I click on films HS the window opens, on the other an grey overlay appears ?
is that the normal behaviour ?

Thursday, November 24th 2016, 5:53pm

Yes, that's the wanted behaviour.

Sorry, I couldn't update this earlier: I'm using the ondown event now, client is happy anyway.

Why it wasn't working, will remain a mistery.

Thanks for your support!