You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, November 30th 2016, 11:52am

Inquiry about real time visit streaming

Hi Guys,

I was thinking of a new feature for KRpano, but wanted to check with you about the technical limitations before my imagination goes wild. Would it be possible to somehow have a functionality where I could click on a hotspot and that would send in real time a link or notification to a friend that would allow them to watch what I am watching. Basically the link would serve as some sort of stream method that would transfer all what I looking at in real time. Cool functionality for sharing VR experiences.

Thanks. *thumbsup* *thumbsup*

Al.

Wednesday, November 30th 2016, 7:09pm

Of course. You just need to use the javascript communication. Capture the events to a server, and access them with your javascript client.
KRPano Developer: Portfolio ::Gigapixel Tagging Solutions - Porfolio 2 :: Facebook :: Twitter :: reddit.com/r/VirtualTour

Friday, December 2nd 2016, 10:57am

You just need to use the javascript communication
Hi @sachagriffin,

Thanks for your prompt reply. That's amazing, that it's doable.

I'm not sure what you refer to by a js communication.But I've had a go at it managed to capture my own lookats using a piece of JS that records the lookats onto a JSON file and executes a PHP which simply writes this onto a file in onto a server. Not sure if this si the right way of doing things.

The thing I am most struggling with is how would I manage from these coordiantes that are recorded every 0.5 seconds to have a friend of mine see exactly what I am seeings. I was thinking of using these as variables and controls the scenes where to lookat. Is there a simpler way of doing such a thing ? *confused* *confused*

Thanks for your response ;)

*squint* *squint*