Bug in latest version 1.19.pr8

• I did some tests and apparently fact is that it always been a bug.

Scale settings in the plugin should override settings in style.
    Fact is they have not done that at least not in the version 1.18.4 and 1.18.5

In the new version they do, so now you can change scale for individual plugins and still
    change all others by just changing style.

• I went through the changes since 1.18.5 to see if I could find anything related to this but I cannot find it.

The fact is that in 1.18.5 style setting for scale overrides an existing scale setting in hotspot.

In 1.19.pr7 a scale setting in the hotspot overides one in styles.

When I started using styles for the hotspots I already had a template for the hotspots with a scale setting and
    as the style setting could override it, I did not remove it.

As far as remember I did not do it as in some cases I needed a special size for the hotspot and in those cases I just
    linked the url for info spot directly and removed style.

Of course the correct way is as it is now so that you can override the style setting for single hotspots.

And one thing more. You can not use this: scale=""
    That means the hotspot dissapears completelly. You have to either remove it completelly or use a setting which overrides the style setting.

Edited 2 times, last by HansNyb (December 3, 2016 at 10:41 AM).

• Of course the correct way is as it is now so that you can override the style setting for single hotspots.

The 'correct' way is always the documented one ;-).

E.g. here the documentation from version 1.18:
    https://krpano.com/docu/xml/?version=118#layer.style

The 'style' support was internally first a very simple and small feature and only thought as simpler helper to store/collect the same attributes to make the xml code smaller and easier to maintain. Technically internally after the layer or hotspot creation there was a simple check if there is a style attribute and if yes - just all attributes from a same named <style> element were copied.

But as its usage was often misunderstanden (understandably of course) and leaded to a lot of questions, its behavior has got changed in version 1.19-pr3 - see here the releated releases notes:
    krpano 1.19 - Pre Release 3
    or here the documentation from version 1.19:
    https://krpano.com/docu/xml/?version=119#style

Internally the 'style' support is now much more complex, but therefore the usage behavior is more clear and better understandable - and I think that was good change and reasonable for a small break with the backward-compatibility in this case.

And one thing more. You can not use this: scale=""

Of course not - scale is a Number and an empty string is not an Number - that setting is just wrong.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Totally different from this bug I also have another problem. I succesfully updated all my tours except one.

The last and oldest tour just does not work after updating.

This one http://dnm.360-foto.dk (old version that works fine)

Flash works fine but HTML5 stops immidiatelly after opening it. You can not initiate the tour when you click Start.

It took me several hours to find out at last that someting is wrong with the video settings in the first pano.
    Thats why it all stops when the vido starts.

Updating the videoplayer does not make any difference.

I now need to go through all the video settings to find what has been changed.
    I use mp4 on all videos and have them in several of the panos in the tour where they work fine.
    The difference is that the first pano has a popup fullscreen video but that should not be the problem as it has to be clicked to start.

So it may be this and this also has empty strings which always have been working. Is that the problem?
    There are the same empty strings on all the other videos for example pano number 8 and that one works fine.

<hotspot name="video1" zorder="90" devices="desktop|android|iPad|iPhone"

url="plugins/videoplayer.swf"

alturl="plugins/videoplayer.js"

videourl="video/animation400.mp4"

altvideourl="video/animation400.mp4"
    posterurl="video/animation300.jpg"
    width="105" height="62"

ath="91.0" atv="-1.5"
    distorted="true"

rx="0.0"
    ry="0.0"
    rz="0.0"

pausedonstart="false"
    loop="true"
    volume="1.0"
    buffertime="0.1"
    updateeveryframe="true"
    onvideoready=""
    onvideopaused=""
    onvideocomplete=""
    onhover="showtext(Klik for Pause/Start, buttonstyle);"
    onclick="togglepause();"

/>

• Ok I have detected where the problem is but I am stuck.

The actual video is not the problem but the hotspot below
    By changing between devices="Html5 " and flash I found that when I set it for HTML5
    the whole tour just opens as a black page.
    Disabling the whole hotspot also opens the tour.

What is in this code that does not work in the 1.19 pr8 in a way that can completelly stop the tour from opening-

<hotspot name="zoomvideo" zorder="90" url="images/video.png" distorted="true" devices="html5" scale="0.3" parent="video1" zoom="false" ath="91" atv="3.8" onclick="hotspot[video1].stop();videobig();set(autorotate.enabled,false);tween(plugin[videobg].height,100%,3);set(plugin[video2].visible,true);tween(plugin[video2].alpha,1,6);set(plugin[xvideo].visible,true);" />

• OK it is solved

This was the culprit parent="video1"

Really? It seems that this version has become very sensible to things which are not detectable by xml errors but also for other rather peculiar errors.
    I do not know why i Used the video hotspot as a parent realy, most proberly it has been copied from some site where I found a similar
    setup as this i back from 2012 and I had absoluelly know knowledge in coding these things at that time.

After looking through the documentation I can see that an distorted hotspot can not be used as parent so that might be the real problem.
    I have probaly used a code from an similar setup with an undistorted hotspot and then changed it to distorted which did not give you any problem in the viewers before 1.19

But that this should completelly block the full tour from loading without any explanation is rather weird.
    I guess there are a lot of tours online which have small errors like this that will give people problems to detect when trying to update.

• Thanks Piotr for your answer but I like to show those layers only on mobile device by declare devices="mobile" in style. It show no error in 1.18.

Why you not add device="mobile" also to layer element?

<layer name="mylayer" style="style_name" devices="mobile"... />

best regards
    Piotr

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!