Flat and spherical panos, together in the same tour

• I’m trying to do something and I’m not sure if it’s possible. (We only work with 3D images, no real photos or videos).

By one side, I’m able at this moment to create a tour with stereoscopic spherical 360º panos and “navigate” from one room to other with hotspots, inside a house. I upload that panos to a server and I can see them in my mobile phone+VR glasses in stereo. Everything is perfect.

By the other side, we also create exterior 3D images with –for example- a detached house, with a garden, a swimming pool…

Now my clients ask me to start the tour OUTSIDE the house, with the external view, and then enter the house, or surround it. As you can see in the example below, the idea is: if we click on left or right arrows, we surround the house and see the back façade. If we click in the central arrow, we enter the house.

I’d like the external panos to be flat, as we don’t build in 3D the landscape and buildings that surround the house and I can’t “look back” with the camera.

But I don’t know how I can have in the same tour, flat and spherical panos. All of them must also be uploaded to the server, to be viewed with the glasses.

Ideally, the external views would also be stereo, as I can easily do two flat stereo external views, just by placing two cameras side-by-side at a distance of 6,5cm.

Any help will be appreciated.

• Yes, that's the problem.

I imagine a flat pano in VR mode as an image that you can pan "a little" to the left, right, up and down. And, of course, click on hotspots. But you can't "look back" or "look totally left", for example. If you turn your head, the image just doesn't move.

I'm afraid this is a bit sloppy idea. So that at the end, I suppose that I will have to do a spherical pano also for the external view, by just placing a simplified landscape all around the house in every directions that let's you, if you want, look around.

Many thanks for your reply. Any other idea will be welcome.

• I imagine a flat pano in VR mode as an image that you can pan "a little" to the left, right, up and down. And, of course, click on hotspots. But you can't "look back" or "look totally left", for example. If you turn your head, the image just doesn't move.

I really like the idea of combining flat pano in VR! If YouTube makes VR with flat video, why can't we do it with photo?

Any help? Klaus?

• ... I think it won't work in my case. I need to place hotspots on the image, so that I think that the image itself cannot be a big hotspot. Is posible to place a hotspot inside another hotspot?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!