iOS 10.2 Safari - more than one tab in browser prevents full screen

• I've noticed that in Safari when you have more than one browser tab, the pano will never go into full screen. In fact, as soon as you close all other Safari tabs, it immediately pops into full screen mode.

Is there a workaround for that? Tnx

• Hi Klaus, so when you are in Safari in Landscape mode, at the top menu you'll have browser tabs that appear. These will not appear in portrait mode!

If you go into landscape mode and there's no tabs showing, just hit the + symbol at the very top menu and it will create a new browser tab.

Once you have another tab created, the Safari menu will always appear - preventing full screen mode.

Here's a sceenshot:

Edited once, last by landrvr1 (January 28, 2017 at 3:44 PM).

• Hi,

sorry, but I don't know if there is any iOS fullscreen hack to make that possible...

As note - iOS itself doesn't provide a fullscreen mode, depending on the iOS version and device different hacks were used to get into a fullscreen mode, and even these hacks have limitations.

If you have see a website anywhere that is able to do that, please let me know and I will analyze it and try adding that to krpano as well.

The problem itself appears only on the 'plus' iPhone models. It seems Apple has thought the screen is large enough in this case, so that a kind of fullscreen mode is not needed there ;-).

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!