Low Qualty Video - CGI Animation Tours

• Hello - I hope someone can help us.

We have started to experiment with walk-through VR animations and are having problems with motion judder on some phones and then low quality when viewed on the desktop.

You can view the test here: http://www.mgdesignuk.com/test/vr/vr.html

The animation Rex is 1920x960. When playing the original file its nice and crisp but through the browser the quality is terrible.

The player also starts with a black screen and then you have to change the resolution settings to 1920x960 and then the animation plays!

Any help with this would be hugely appreciated.

Many thanks,
    Max

• Hi,

I think that by default, on desktop, you use the low res version of your video. The 1024x512. that is why you get a poor quality rendering. I have checked your hd video on kolor eyes (now gopro vr) and its quality is the same with the one you get on krpano

• 1920 is not enough quality obviously. Divided by each four faces the resolution of whats there is expected.
    There's also a quality button, and code specifically here that shows the low qual version

Code
    if(device.ios,
    				<!-- iOS Safari has a very slow 'video-to-webgl-texture' transfer, therefore use a low-res video by default -->
    				videointerface_play('1920x960');
    				videointerface_play('1024x512');
    			  );

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!