cordova app with crosswalk not showing 360 videos

• Hi all,

I am fooling around with a phonegap + krpano android app. I am using crosswalk version 19 and phone gap version 6.2.0. krpano version is 19.8. When trying to play a panoramic video, all I get is a black screen (audio plays, though), that means that the file is found.

The video shows and plays when accessed from the browser, so it is not a problem with the encoding.

I thought that using crosswalk would eliminate this kind of problems.

Any hints?

• as a follow up to my previous message. I have discovered that if I compile the cordova app without the crosswalk libs (forcing it to use the webview present in the phone), on my Samsung s6 with android 6.0.1, my app plays well and smoothly my 360 videos. But without crosswalk I may find many incompatibility issues, am I right?

So, what is the problem with crosswalk? has anybody else had this issue?

• Had the same problem with crosswalk and 360 videos played by krpano.
    My guess is the best way now that android 5 or higher is used on most of the mobiles now would be to build a native webview app in android studio.

thanks for your answer. So, as I see it, it is not safe to use crosswalk. Does anybody know how safe it is to go for native webview for playing 360 videos? is this dependent on the android version, the manufacturer's skin, or something else?

• as a new update to my previous messages. I have discovered that if the videos are played remotely, they play well inside crosswalk. The problems happens only when they are played locally.

• as a follow up to my previous message. I have discovered that if I compile the cordova app without the crosswalk libs (forcing it to use the webview present in the phone), on my Samsung s6 with android 6.0.1, my app plays well and smoothly my 360 videos. But without crosswalk I may find many incompatibility issues, am I right?

So, what is the problem with crosswalk? has anybody else had this issue?

I'm having the sound only problem. Used crosswalk-pkg to build it, as I was used to do. But never tried with videos.
    I tried to use Phonegap without crosswalk to give a try, since you had success, but looks like my videos inside the "www" give me an error on build.

Did you manage to build it? Where to place the video files?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!