GearVR, Samsung Internet and stereo panorama a bit laggy

• I am experimenting with krpano to create stereo panoramic tours for use on PCs, smart phones, Google Cardboard devices and GearVR. It is very early days in my testing so far.

I have created a rendered stereo panorama that you can look at here:-
    http://www.blinkimage.tech/pano/kr/tour.html

In principal, it works fine on computers and smartphones and is even ok on a Google Cardboard device.

On the Gear VR using Samsung Internet, however, the experience is not as good as I had hoped. It generally feels a bit laggy and will likely induce sickness with users very quickly. When I plug a panorama straight into Oculus 360 Photos, or even use Orbx, the experience is much much smoother. Are any of you able to check and see what you think?

What sort of steps should I be looking into to improve on this?

Is Samsung Internet actually using the GearVR's inbuilt gyro, or is it using just the phone alone (an S6 in this case)?

I haven't changed anything in the krpano tour xml files at all - just the minor adjustments necessary to get stereo to work (as laid out in the step-by-step guide on this forum)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!