Set hotspots in webVR to 2D?

• I'm not sure if your problem is that you don't like the look of an arrow in perspective on a 2D floorplan.

You can design your own hotspots, and create a hotspot that looks “flat”, such as a cross, a circle, a red dot… (I still don’t know how to design animated hotspots).

¿Is this your question? If so, I’ll explain here how I do it.

• Thanks for the reply, guys. I'll try to explain this better.

In the V-Ray scene I've created there's a floorplan jpg that's been mapped onto a plane in 3D space. In the actual tour, I then place hotspots over the actual areas of the floor plan that people can visit. When you place the 3D hotspots over a 2D image, it ends up looking very odd because the floorplan behind is essentially viewed as a 2D image.

I've tried the depth=off, but it doesn't work.

Code
    <hotspot name="spot10" style="vtourskin_hotspot_red" ath="161.264" atv="15.644" depth="off" linkedscene="scene_pano_l" />

I'm including a screenshot where you can clearly see that the hotspots are still offsetting....

http://www.802studio.com/3D/hotspotIssue.jpg

• Okay, I've found out that it's not possible to have 2D hotspots within a scene that calls for stereoscopic output in VR. I'm sure that Klaus could add a disparity variable that would actually provide control over the depth of a hotspot whilst in a stereo scene, but until then....

Umalo was kind enough to reach out and let me know about that issue, and offered a suggestion. That got me thinking along a different path, and I've landed on something that works pretty well. It's probably been done before, but here's what I did:

In my Max scene I have a large jpg (4320x2169) of a floorplan mapped to a vertical plane.
    I opened the jpg floorplan in Photoshop and added my own hotspot graphics at the proper points on the plan.
    I also gave each hotspot a dropshadow to give a slight illusion of depth.
    Next I created a new hotspot graphic for the SKIN folder, the size of which is 50x50 but yours could be anything you want.
    This new hotspot is actually a solid black color, but with the opacity of the layer in Photoshop turned down to .1%
    I named this vtourskin_hotspot_blank.png and included new code in the vtourskin.xml file so that this png can be used in the tour.xml

In the tour.xml I went to my original hotspots in the scene and changed their name to the new blank one I created.
    Before I open the tour editor, I went and just made the black layer 100% opaque so that I can see the hotspot during this step.
    Went and placed them where needed (over the hotspots that are showing up as a result of the Photoshop floorplan work.
    Turned the opacity back down to .1%

You then get 2D hotspots using invisible, regular hotspots. Of course, you don't have the motion you normally get with a 'visible' hotspot, but that's okay for me.

Hope this helps.

• Making invisible hotspots to capture mouse events (over floorplan embeded in sphere) image will not solve the issue off misalignment with stereo usage as then your empty hotspot (that capture event) will anyway have offset. But looking at floorplans would look like all fine.

• Very true, Umalo. My needs were very specific in that I'm trying to eliminate hotspot 3D depth because they are being placed on what is being perceived as a 2D plane within a 3D stereo environment. For anyone wanting flat 2D hotspots over regular depth perceived images, my solution isn't great.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!