Sound on Android mobile disappeared

• Hi everyone! *wink*

I was working on several projects recently and noted that main background sound of these VTs was not working at all (tested on 3 phones, 2 Redmi Note 4 and one Caterpillar, Chrome browser). Desktop version works okay. There are short sounds in one of these VTs, playded after clicking hotspots, and these sounds work well. What seems strange to me is that sound in these VTs was working well some time ago (about a week ago, maybe), so the reason may be in some Chrome update which broke Krpano soundinterface 'user screen tap waiting' code.

Here's the backbone example of this : http://vt.most-inform.com/bugs/sound/

Can anyone confirm this on some other mobiles (android and iOS)?

Regards,

Alexey

• Yes same for me with Chrome 56 on Android and also Chrome Canary for Android with the sound interface.

Test : krpano actions on a button to stop sound and play sound restore the background sound.

No issue with other browsers.
    No issue with direct Javascript+WebAudio call.

Edited once, last by benji33 (March 15, 2017 at 3:22 PM).

• Today I've found out that playsound(); from onclick event of a layer works fine, whereas playsound from "startup" action (autorun="onstart") doesn't work (Redmi Note 4, Android 6). Old iphone 4s has no such issues.

Alexey what do you mean with that? Is there a solution? I just did a whole project and it was point less to have audio with the VR versión. With the last version of chrome it does not work. Do i have to change any parameter? It works well in mobile version, BUT, it does not work the autoplay audio in the first scene. In all the other works like a charm. That´s in the coreVR XML. Any clue if i can change anything would go properly? Is a bug of the latest version of chrome but its there any solution?

krpano>
    <!-- Global variables used by actions and plugins -->
    <krpano
    tour_soundson="true"
    tour_soundsvolume="100"
    tour_autotourenabled="false"
    tour_autorotateenabled="false"
    tour_controlmodemousetype="drag"
    tour_controlmodetouchtype="drag"
    tour_fullscreen="false"
    tour_displaymap="false"
    tour_displaythumbnails="true"
    tour_displayfloorplan="false"
    tour_displayinfo="false"
    tour_displayspots="true"
    tour_displaycontrols="true"
    tour_language="en" />
    <krpano tour_gyroscopedevices="true" devices="no-desktop.and.html5" />
    <krpano tour_vrdevices="true" devices="html5" />
    <krpano videos_sounds_path="%FIRSTXML%" devices="html5" />
    <krpano videos_sounds_path="%SWFPATH%" devices="flash" />
    <krpano projection_current_params="view.fisheyefovlink=0.5&amp;view.architectural=0.0&amp;view.pannini=0.0&amp;view.fisheye=0.0&amp;view.stereographic=false" />

<krpano vrtourdevice.desktop="desktop" vrtourdevice.tablet="tablet" vrtourdevice.mobile="mobile" />
    <krpano vrtourdevicescale.desktop="1.0" vrtourdevicescale.tablet="1.0" vrtourdevicescale.mobile="2.0" />
    <action name="vrtourcurrentscale" autorun="preinit">
    mul(stagescale,get(vrtourdevicescale));
    </action>

• Hi)

Check out my test link again (clearing cache): http://vt.most-inform.com/bugs/sound/

code

Code
    playsound(bgsound, 'bgsound.mp3|bgsound.ogg', 0);

inside "startup" action doesn't work.
    The same code works from onclick event of a layer (click black layer at the righttop).

this is the case for Android 6, Redmi Note 4 phone.

Here's xml: http://vt.most-inform.com/bugs/sound/tour.xml

Regards,

Alexey

• Hey!

I just want to note that we experience the same issues and hope that it will be fixed soon...
    Our customer is complaining about the lack of sound and with chrome as the most popular browser on android this is unbearable :-/

Cheers

• Hey!

I just want to note that we experience the same issues and hope that it will be fixed soon...
    Our customer is complaining about the lack of sound and with chrome as the most popular browser on android this is unbearable :-/

Cheers

Hi
    at this latest tour I have play sound on the mobile and desktop.

desktop is ok and mobile isnot work sound.

http://www.livepano.ir/atabak/tour.html

thanks

Edited once, last by samadi (September 30, 2017 at 8:09 PM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!