Stereo Panos on 3D smart TVs

• The smart TV is fast becoming an important web viewing platform. Web-hosted krpano html5 panoramas play well on my new LG 4K oled TV, provided the cube face size is not too large, and the image quality is absolutely stunning. Since it is a 3D model, I can also view stereoscopic 3D panoramas, but so far only via HDMI from a computer. The TV will not show krpano side-by-side VR images in 3D, presumably because the programmers of its browser never imagined such a 3D source. But it does play full HD 3D video off the web, in both side-by-side and over/under formats. Which suggests a possible way to show stereoscopic VR panos.

If the krpano player could present its images to the TV as simulated 3D video, I think it would possible to view stereo panos from the web. Presumably a mime type would have to be declared, and an extra step of image formatting added. Klaus, do you think it would be a feasible to modify the player this way?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!