AutoTour of 1880's Mansion

• Here's my first real KRPano project. It's an auto running tour but can be stopped for manual control and then it will restart in the room you are in 8 seconds later on idle. It's also is a multres pano, but might be smoother as a simple 1600 pixel cube set. The only major interface thing lacking at this time is a mute and control for the sound, so be warned it has sound when run in auto, set at volume .5 instead of the default 1. The sound is turned off when stopped and manually controlled.

The tour is of a 30+ room mansion that was built in an old (by US standards) Mississippi River town called Quincy, Illinois. It sits on the bluffs overlooking the river. When this mansion was built, this corner was called one of the ten most beautiful places in the world by National Geographic. At that time it would have been surrounded by massive Elm trees and other stately houses in their prime. This was THE place to live in Quincy at that time. It cost $50,000 to build. I grew up on the next street over a bit later. *smile*

Their are eight tours, covering the first floor and one small bedroom on the second floor. The rest of the second and third floors are now exhibits of the area and Quincy's past.

Always interested in what you think, good or bad or could be better! And a special thanks for helping me get this made to Michel and Klaus for their extended help via the forum.

****Warning, sound added - no buttons yet to turn off ******

http://www.robertharshman.com/360vr/muse…20Panorama.html

Regards,

Robert

• Hi Robert,

I have noticed one little mistake *wink* ... when you goes fullscreen, the closefs button is still visible in autotour *sad* ... This is because it is not set inside your autotour() action *rolleyes* ...

Simply, insert this code (after line 8 for ex.)

Code
    set(plugin[closefs].visible,false);

Now, there is another problem inside your continuetour() action *wink* .... You must know if you are in fullscreen or not, for make visible the correct button: openfs or closefs...
    To do so, change your continuetour() with the following code:

In line 8, we set a variable FS_val with the current value of fullscreen...
    In line 9, if we are in fullscreen then we set the closefs button to visible else we set the openfs button to visible...

Also, perhaps it is time to beginning playing with the tween() action to make your help and info screen appear-disappear in a more beauty-full way *wink* (perhaps the buttons too)... More things to learn *g* ... The textfield example that comes with Krpano download can be good to begin having an idea to use tween().

Great tour (it will become better)... *thumbup*

Salut.

• Hi Michel,

Thank you!

I was aware of the persistent button in Fullscreen, just forgot to hide it, thanks for the tip on knowing which button to display when. I had not thought about that.

And yes, it's time to tween! *g*

I've been testing a very simple alpha tween of the info screen, works on display, but not on close. Have no clue as to why, looks to me like it should work, seems simple enough, what am I missing?

<plugin name="infoscreen" url="%SWFPATH%/skin/TitlePage.jpg" keep="true"
    align="center" x="" y="" alpha="0"
    visible="false" enabled="false" handcursor="true" capture="false" children="true"
    scalechildren=""
    width="600"
    height="375"
    onclick="action(closeinfo);"
    />

<action name="showinfo">
    set(plugin[infoscreen].visible,true);
    set(plugin[infoscreen].enabled,true);
    tween(plugin[infoscreen].alpha,0.9);
    </action>

<action name="closeinfo">
    tween(plugin[infoscreen].alpha,0);
    set(plugin[infoscreen].enabled,false);
    set(plugin[infoscreen].visible,false);
    </action>

Regards,

Robert

• Hi Robert,

Try adding the wait flag at the end of the tween action:

WAIT flag for the tween() action

• waiting until this tween has been finished before the next action command will be executed
    • usage:
      Code
      tween(variable,destinationvalue,time,tweentype,WAIT);

Your closeinfo() action would be:

Code
    <action name="closeinfo">
     tween(plugin[infoscreen].alpha,0,,,WAIT);
     set(plugin[infoscreen].enabled,false);
     set(plugin[infoscreen].visible,false);
     </action>

I have not tried but I think this must do the job. *wink*

Salut.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!