Testing Server for Event with Multiple Users

• Hello Everybody,

I'm preparing an event for more than 50 people where I want to showcase the advantages / possibilities of krpano / webVR. Unfortunatley, the internet connection is too weak to let all participants access a tour on a webserver at the same time. :(

Therefore I was thinking about following solution:
    1) Setting up a strong open Wifi with enough performance for all people.
    2) Setting up a PC/Server which is hosting the webVR tour.
    3) Showing the Link/QR Code of the local tour so that users can access it.

Do you think this is possible or are there limitations regarding performance like maximum connections or bandwith?

Thanks in advance an best wishes

jens

• Hi,

it might work, but the testing server itself is a pretty simple server and mainly thought for simple testing. That's means it's not optimized for performance or high loads...

When many users should access the tour the same time, it's probably better use a local Apache server for better performance...
    E.g. try 'Uniform Server' or 'WampServer' - they are easy and quick to install and run:
    http://www.uniformserver.com/
    http://www.wampserver.com/en/

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

I have an industrial customer who, for corporate security and policy reasons, will not allow a tour to be available on the web and therefore requires the tour to be distributed on physical media ( thumbdrive or DVD)

I guess I can encrypt my KML's and just copy the tour, along with the Testing Server, on the media and ship it with some README instructions to the end user.

But is there a way I can build a script so that the end user can access the tour with minimum manipulation ?

In short: is there a way to access a tour from a physical media with a single command ?

Tx

Donald

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!