KEEPMOVING Autorotate

• Hi, I made an "automatic tour" which loads a new scene every x time while autorotate is enabled.
    I would like the autorotate not to stop when loading a new scene so I used autorotate interruptionevents="" and KEEPMOVING wiith no success...
    Is there a way not to stop autorotation while blending between two scenes ?

• Hi,

that's unfortunately a bug in the current version - currently the autorotation is reset on every new pano.
    But for the next version this is already fixed - then seamless blending during autorotate + KEEPMOVING will be possible.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• KEEPMOVING does exactly what needed but I detect a slight stop, very short, when loading next scene, in iOs an Android. On Safari Mac OS it is beautifully smooth.
    Is it to be expected or something I can optimize to have a really continuous autorotation on mobile devices?
    Thank you.

• Hi,

currently mainly two things that are blocking the browser (and thereby causing these short stops):
    - the image decoding (from the jpg bytes to the pixels)
    - and the image transfer to the WebGL texture

If that will be noticeable depends on the CPU/GPU power of the device and the pixel-size of the image.

For for optimizing you could try using smaller images - e.g. if you're using non-multires panos, use multires panos (their single image size is 512x512px by default) or if that still not enough try reducing the tilesize (e.g. from 512 down to 256).

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Thank you!
    My panos are sphere images (equirectangular), not multi res, so yes I understand the reasons. A bit high res also.
    I need to keep it that way though, just uploading equirectangulars to the server with no further process.
    If i add a preview image, would this help by loading and decoding more quickly maybe, waiting for the full res to display?

• Hi,

If i add a preview image, would this help by loading and decoding more quickly maybe, waiting for the full res to display?

No, that 'decoding' is something that the browser does internally and which is not controllable by own code.

Decoding itself means e.g. decoding the jpeg bytes to the actual image pixels. And during that decoding the browser is blocked. Larger images need a longer decoding time and smaller ones. When the decoding is faster than one frame time (e.g. below ~15ms) then there will no visible interrupt.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!