Display errors : white screen or jerky display

• Hi,

I run a website where panos are seen by thousand of users every day.

Recently, there are some display errors i can't fix:

ERROR 1) on chrome mac, the pano display as white screen while layers (interface) is correctly displayed. Chrome is up to date and tours display well on Safari or Firefox.

ERROR 2) on chrome mac, the pano display partially as lines while turning around. Chrome is up to date and tours display well on Safari or Firefox.

Is there something i can do to fix these bugs which are specifics to a certain machine?

Thanks

• Hi,

sorry, but it's Chrome itself that is buggy here! (only on Macs and depending on their GPU)

When it's just white - Chrome just doesn't show the WebGL content, but from code/krpano side everything is running correct!

When displayed 'partially as lines while turning around' then WebGL isn't' even available (Chrome has blocked/blacklisted the GPU) and is rendering the pano now with CSS3D software rendering, but that's also buggy in Chrome.

In the first case nothing can be done, except at complaining/reporting at Google (or Apple because of their GPU drivers).

For the second case I will blacklist the Chrome CSS3D support in the next krpano release - then there will be an error message about an unsupported or broken browser/system instead of a broken pano rendering.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

I have noticed that on my old virtual tours there are some strange things - they are appearing and dissappearing when I'm turning around. Only on Chrome - Firefox, Sarari, even Edge is OK.

When I generate a virual tour using 10000x5000pixels panos all is fine. I tried to create a tour using 8000x4000pixels panos and it's not good. I used to generate tours using 2000x2000pixel squares and many old virtual tours are looking terrible on Chrome :(

Is there anything I could do to fix it?

example here : https://www.panoramea.co.uk/matredsbarber/

Best wishes,
    Martin

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!