Panoramic Video Autostart with Chrome on Android

• Hi

I have some Problems with the autostart of panoramic videos. They just won't start even toggled by an onclick action. They wait for the touch event until they start. This is crap as i don't want to take out the phone out of the samsung gear just to make this touch on the screen. Is there a solution for that?

On my Laptop it's working fine, so it must be a mobile issue. I know on iOS it's even more difficult, but I was hoping that it's possible on android.
    I could also bring some buttons with onclick actions, but it would be better to get the video playing with the start of the scene.

If anyone has experienced same difficulties and has a solution for that it would be great if you could share.
    Thanks for your answers

• Solved!

Just go to the Android Chrome Browser and enter: chrome://flags
    There you can adjust some settings. For this case, make sure you disable "Gesture requirement for media Playback"

Sven

• This is not working anymore!
    Chrome told me today that I should load Google VR App and I did that.
    Now the WebVR mode is not working anymore and i can not open the chrome://flags anymore as well.
    Bevor the installation of the App the VRMode was gone (no icon). After the installation the icon came back, an i get the splitscreen as well. But no gyro and touch controll!

This is real shit google!
    Someone has experienced the same?
    I need a quick solution for that as I will finish my project today and the whole tour is based on webVR.

Sven

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!