krpano 1.19-pr9 / 1.19-pr10 / 1.19-pr11 / 1.19-pr12

• Hi, klaus.

The example in the sample appears to be an error. Demotour-stereoscopic

Bottom: Stereo Display: When pressed on, vr is all running and the gyro does not work. Please confirm.
    Example
    Smartphone: Galaxy S6

Have a nice day~

Edited 4 times, last by hermas (May 25, 2017 at 1:14 AM).

• Hmm... that should definitively work, just tested successfully again... *confused*

What are the full filenames and filepaths in your case?

Best regards,
    Klaus

it doesn't work well when I dropped 2 pair of files. works well for one pair but not for the other and generates 3 groups of pano files:
    000551A_l.tiles 002049A_l.tiles 002049A_r.tiles

And many mobile phones have 2K screen and have best effect for 10K pano images such as http://vr.g08.com/beihai/
    So, the default size may be too low, and what size fits 10K pano images best?

# generate special optimized, non-tiled, lower-res images for VR
    customimage[vr].size=1536

• Hi,

Bottom: Stereo Display: When pressed on, vr is all running and the gyro does not work. Please confirm.
    Example

The bottom 'stereo button' in that examples only enables or disables the stereo display. That's not related to VR mode. For VR mode use the 'enter vr' button at the top.

it doesn't work well when I dropped 2 pair of files. works well for one pair but not for the other and generates 3 groups of pano files:
    000551A_l.tiles 002049A_l.tiles 002049A_r.tiles

There is unfortunately a bug in the current release that the sorting of the input files is randomly not working. And without sorting the 'image pairs' will not be detected.

As workaround please open the 'templates/basicsettings.config' file and add this line anywhere in the file:

Code
    sortinput=true

Then the file sorting and the stereo-pair detection should work.

And many mobile phones have 2K screen and have best effect for 10K pano images such as http://vr.g08.com/beihai/
    So, the default size may be too low, and what size fits 10K pano images best?

# generate special optimized, non-tiled, lower-res images for VR
    customimage[vr].size=1536

The 'best' size is difficult to say, it depends on the display-resolution and the lens. Additionally also the loading time can be a factor. So just play with the size until you find a size what would fit your needs best.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

Can anyone confirm the wakelock function on iOS 10.3.2 ( with 1.19 pr10) isn't working anymore?

Previously i used the wakelock hack, which workt like a charm:

<!-- SPECIAL CASE END -->
    <action name="ios10_webvr_wakelock_workaround" type="Javascript" autorun="onstart" if="device.iosversion GE 9"><![CDATA[
    setInterval(function()
    {
    if(krpano.webvr && krpano.webvr.isenabled)
    {
    krpano.trace(0,"iOS wakelock hack");
    window.location = (""+window.location.href).split("#")[0];
    window.setTimeout(window.stop, 0);
    window.setTimeout(krpano.Kloader.iOSWakelockCheck, 1); // an internal API: restart pending loading requests
    }
    }, 15000);
    ]]></action>

Now i read:
    Plugins: WebVR Plugin -> Fix: iOS wakelock support.

On previous versions of iOS 10 it was working fine, but on iOS 10.3.2 it isn't working anymore. Even the Example tour isn't keeping the device awake: https://krpano.com/examples/119/k…tml5=only+webgl

I've tested it on several iPhone 6+ devices with iOS 10.3.2 with Safari and also Chrome.
    We are planning to release a VR experience this week so i'm kinda stressed right now *cry*

Can someone please look into this?

• Hi,

On previous versions of iOS 10 it was working fine, but on iOS 10.3.2 it isn't working anymore.

Right, it seems Apple has unfortunately closed that hack hole in iOS 10.3...

Other scripts (which are basically doing the same) are reporting that too:
    https://github.com/googlevr/webvr-polyfill/issues/217
    https://github.com/richtr/NoSleep.js/issues/29

I've warned about that in the documentation:

Currently the wake-locking is not a browser feature, currently it is only an ugly hack. The current hack might be not working or could cause problems in newer/updated browser version, therefore it's optionally possible to disable that feature.

https://krpano.com/plugins/webvr/#mobilevr_wakelock

That mean until someone finds another hack for iOS, there might be no real solution for wakelocking/nosleeping yet...

Best regards,
    Klaus

• When I add an hotspot with the text attribute, is it not shown, until I add width and height. Is it possible to autosize the hotspot, using the text width?

There was a css style, which applied on the table element, which krPano creates. So it's no bug in krPano. But maybe you should namespace the elements, so it won't happen per accident.

• Hi *, Tuur, Scott, Klaus,

Having trouble to let the 360 panos looping with autorotate when idle. The same as Scott reported in his post:
    https://krpano.com/forum/wbb/inde…66460#post66460
    Worked great with 1.18 but since 1.19.pr5 no way!

After lot of frustration I found the correct procedure:

Code
    autoratate.enabled = true, 
    autorotate.waittime = 10
    idletime = 20

<events onidle="autorotate.interrupt(); skin_nextscene_loop(+1);" />

Due to Firefox 53.0 + WebGL ambiguity (code above is working when running wia Win7 + testingserver.exe but failing
    when starting Firefox directly tour.html. It is not recognizing the onidle event after the first load.)
    I added the autorotate.interrupt(); to the startup() action, too:

loadscene(get(startscene), null, MERGE);
    autorotate.interrupt();

It works on my desktop in the local testing environment (Win7 + FF53.0; Win10 + testingserver.exe + FF53; Win7 + testingserver.exe + IE11.0;).
    Please let me know if it works for you, too.

Thank you,
    Pavel

Edited once, last by pur (June 21, 2017 at 3:26 PM).

• Hello Klaus,

would you be so kind, and implement support for the Device ZTE Axon 7 (ID "zte-a2017", screensize 5.5) in combination with Daydream? Actually the screen is split and the gyroscope of the device isn't used. Also the low persistance mode isn't activated. The website webvr.info is working on daydream, so it is possible.

Thanks for the great work on krpano. *thumbsup*

• Hi,

Due to Firefox 53.0 + WebGL ambiguity (code above is working when running wia Win7 + testingserver.exe but failing
    when starting Firefox directly tour.html. It is not recognizing the onidle event after the first load.)

That sounds like a bit you're testing sometimes with Flash and sometimes with HTML5 and there maybe with different krpano versions...
    Otherwise I have currently no idea what you might mean...

About auto-rotating - with the latest krpano versions there is also a new nice possibility for auto-rotating through tours - the 'onautorotateoneround' event
    allows detection one autorotation 'round' and it's possible to keep the panos rotating during the blending for more seamless experience.

E.g. try this code (anywhere in the tour.xml, but outside the <scene> elements):

Code
    <autorotate enabled="true" waittime="1.5" accel="1.0" speed="10.0" />
    <events onautorotateoneround="push(skin_settings.loadscene_flags); set(skin_settings.loadscene_flags, MERGE|KEEPVIEW|KEEPMOVING|NOPREVIEW); skin_nextscene_loop(+1); pop(skin_settings.loadscene_flags);" />

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Thank you Klaus! It's great!
    In my code/post I was just finding where to put the autorotate.interrupt() to get exactly what the new 'onautorotateoneround' event solves. Of course I had to adjust the idletime to one rotation time. (Not talking about finding that the autorotate speed on IE 11.0 + WebGL / Win7 is half so quick as both Chrome 59.0 + WebGL + Win7 and Firefox 54.0 + WebGL + Win7. This is true for krpano 1.18.6 and 1.19.pr10).
    I 'm looking forward to test onautorotateoneround event and will upgrade my vtours.
    Thank you again!
    Pavel

• Hi Does anyone have a working example using this code

<autorotate enabled="true" waittime="1.5" accel="1.0" speed="10.0" />
    <events onautorotateoneround="push(skin_settings.loadscene_flags);

I have tried it but cannot see any difference when having it added?

• Thank you. Now I have autotour options.

What about the new editor?

I desperately need to group my panoramas and to have posibility to "hide" thumbs of some panorama in thumbnails strip.
    Example: Huge city tour with buildings interiors = separate groups: all, exteriors and parks, museum 1, museum 2 etc.
    Hiden panorama= no thumbnail in the strip for - multitile flat panoramas of paintings on the walls in the museum.

*wink*

• To me the new syntax of sphere2cube is confusing and not usable. If I get the current view coordinates (h,v) and want to create the same with sphere2cube -view. What values does -lookat= need?
    With the old syntax I still had to put 3 values, but it was working fine with the third value=0. This does NOT work anymore.

The old syntax also does NOT work with negative values anymore, those were working fine before. Is there a proper way of doing this now *confused* (instead of adding 360 *wink* )

• Hi,

here the krpano 1.19-pr11 release notes:

• New: Oversampling support for WebGL textfield hotspots - when using values higher than 1.0 the text will be rastered with a higher resolution. This improves the visual text quality, especially for zooming hotspots.
    • New: Support for mipmapping for WebGL textfield hotspots - when enabled the internal text-bitmap-buffer will be automatically scaled-up to the next power-of-two size to allow using mipmapping. This improves the text rendering quality for texts that get displayed smaller than they their current pixel-size (e.g. when zooming-out in the pano). Because of the scaling to the next power-of-two size in this case, it would be recommend to use additionally also oversampling to avoid scaling artifacts and for a better overall image/text quality.
      E.g. this are good settings if you prefer high quality text rendering quality for hotspots:
      Code
      mipmapping="true" oversampling="2.0"

The only disadvantages are the higher memory need and the slightly slower text-to-bitmap rendering.

• New: WebVR Plugin

• Improved WebVR support - updated to the latest API and Browser-behavior changes.
      • When the screen-size of the Android device is unknown (required for correct VR rendering), load now an online Cardboard Device-Parameter-Database (dpdb) and try getting the information from there.
        New setting: mobilevr_database_url.
      • Support iPhone 6S, 6S+, 7, 7+, SE detection.
    • New: Do more checks for invalid names when creating variables and do a more advanced error reporting for an easier error locating. This avoids strange errors when accidentally creating variables that have the name of a number (e.g. a variable named '0').
    • Fix: In some cases the texts in WebGL textfield hotspots were either wrongly aligned, completely missing or words were wrongly cut-off - these problems are fixed now.
    • Fix: When tweening colors with an alpha component (e.g. the AA in 0xAARRGGBB), then the alpha value wasn't corrected calculated.
    • Fix: Avoid an JS-code-error when trying to load (currently unsupported) spherical-multires-images.
    • Fix: There could have been wrong a hotspot image/texture when switching hotspot urls in some cases.
    • Fix: Dispatch the onout event also when removing a currently hovering element.
    • Fix: Flying hotspots weren't correctly working when using architectural projection (report).
    • Fix: When the loading of the spherical preview pano image takes longer than the normal sphereical pano image, when wrongly the preview pano was shown instead of the normal pano.
    • Fix: Avoid a WebGL texture resource leak when using spherical preview images.
    • Fix: Several textfield plugin alignment/stacking problems in the Flash viewer due the internal/embedded textfield plugin from the last release.
    • Fix: When resolving expressions and doing number-type detection avoid a wrong String-to-Number conversions for some cases (report).
    • Fix: Makepano Tool - don't keep autoleveling the input images when autolevel setting is set to off.
    • Fix: Makepano Tool - the new sortinput setting was wrongly set to 'undefined' by default - and that resulting in a random behavior. Sometimes the files were sorted and sometimes not.
    • Fix: SphereToCube Tool - the 'lookat' rotations in the view mode were wrong.
    • Change: Testing Server (tour_testingserver) - use the IP address instead of 'localhost' by default when opening the url in the browser. This was changed because Chrome is extremely slow when doing the DNS resolving for 'localhost' (a Chrome bug).
    • Fix: Googlemaps Plugin - mouse dragging in IE11/Edge.
    • New: Bingmaps Plugin - complete port from the V7 to the new V8 Bing-Maps-API. Microsoft has announced to stop supporting/providing the old API. The spot and radar rendering is completely new but will work exactly as with the old API.
    • Fix: Videoplayer Plugin - avoid the iOS 10.3 black-first-frame bug (for video-panos and video-hotspots).
    • Fix: WebVR Plugin - the mouse-pointer-locking and the mouse-control wasn't working when switching to VR mode and being already in fullscreen-mode.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!