Some tiles not loading within div. OK fullscreen

• I've been encountering a problem when loading krpano into a div.
    It seems that not all the tiles load, giving the effect of shards of the image missing as the tour rotates. The attached image shows the problem.

or it can be viewed here:
    http://stephen.imageweavers.co.uk/tours/clathymore_plot17/div.html

The same tour viewed fullscreen displays no problem.

Can anyone tell me how to stop this from happening.

Many thanks,
    Claire

• Hi,

what you see in your screenshot is not a loading error, it's the buggy Chrome CSS3D software rendering.

When Chrome can't use your graphics card (for some reason), the only left available browser API for rendering 3D graphics would be 'CSS-3D-transforms', but without graphics-hardware-support needs to render that via its own software code - and that code is fundamentally buggy in Chrome (they now about that for years but don't care, there are several bug-reports at Google about this).

In the latest krpano releases I have therefore blocked the CSS3D-only situation. That means you using the latest krpano version you would get an error about an unsupported browser.

The only solutions on such systems would be manually disabling the GPU-blacklisting from Chrome by this setting:

Code
    chrome://flags/#ignore-gpu-blacklist

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Thank you Klaus,

I have set that flag and it does indeed eliminate the problem for my browser.

Prior to this I noticed that when I use the skin skin/vtourskin_design_ultra_light.xml, it significantly reduced the effect.

Is that simply co-incidence, or is there something in that that I could use to help minimise this problem for my users?

Thanks again.

Claire

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!