How to show virtual tours offline on mobile devices

• Hi Index, Cordova is full offline?
    The requirements for android are ok (cordova android requirements) but always there is error relative to access external repository.

I can´t compile using Gradle working offline. *confused*

By the way Android JS would be any solution for convert htlm5 to apk? Anybody had testing this solution (linux?)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Fernando (26. Januar 2020 um 15:14)

• This link is showing how to use phonegap build, which on one side can be very easy method, but you can not take real advantage of the whole cordova platform.

I can´t compile using Gradle working offline.

I was building android / iOS apps some years ago (8) and you have a full CLI method in order to avoid opening android Studio or xCode, you can do everything from terminal. by doing a calls like this :

Code
    cordova build android

have a look at the docs here Also it's plenty of plugins that allows you to extend the functionalities, and have hardware direct access. https://cordova.apache.org/plugins/

• Hi, I need help to convert html5 to apk using Cordova version 9.0.0 in Windows 10

My goal is to obtain a offline solution.

Initial Requirements:
    1) Node.js installed
    2) JDK 8.0 installed
    3) Cordova installed
    4) System enviroments var set properly for Java

Until here all it is ok.
    Next:
    5) Install SDK Android
    6) Install Gradle
    7) System enviroments var set properly for SDK and Gradle

Next from Node.js console:
    8) Type command: cordova create demo com.mywork.demo Demo
    This will create a cordova project in demo directory. There is a www directory, erase the content initial of this directory and copy the content of krpano vtour folder.
    9) Go to demo directory and type command: cordova platform add android
    This will create a android platform inside folder platform in project
    10) Type command: cordova build android
    This in theory, will generate the apk.
    But If mistake in some step, the build fails.

Please I need to download a complete structure of Cordova project from someone with Cordova 9.0.0 properly installed for windows.
    1) The SDK folder (example: sdk.zip to install in c:/sdk directory)
    2) The Gradle folder (example: gradle.zip to install in c:/gradle directory)
    3) The system enviroment vars settings (my enviroments.txt)

The idea is to clone a correct configuration for use as template offline.

In this moment many web site are blocked for my country, for this reason I need a special solution.

Thanks in advanced.

• Howdy VRTourSoft,

When I started this thread eons ago I was looking for something that would run tours locally on a phone. I forgot that in the more recent posts to this thread. Turned out the best solution was the now discontinued Virtual Tour Pro. It was fine for running "Cardboard" tours but didn't work in the Oculus environment. James Tubbritt briefly considered making something similar for Oculus but quickly realized it would be more difficult than he felt worthwhile.

Today it is only worthwhile to develop something that would work with modern VR headset. My preference would be Oculus, at least. So, vrTourSoft, is that what you were thinking you could whip up? If you have that capability, we should talk.

Scott

• Hi Daff,

I invested a lot of time a couple of years ago trying to develop an Oculus app that would play KRPano tours without going through a browser. That included much effort with Cordova. I don't remember exactly what the problem was but I came to the realization that Cordova would never work.

You can see some discussion of that effort here.

I then moved on to building something from scratch using Android Studio. As I recall, the stumbling block was that KRPano had to run in an HTML5 environment. Making that happen was next to impossible inside Android studio. The few workarounds were unworkable for our needs.

Another approach was to build a subset of a full web browser for VR headsets -- something that just played local content. Firefox Reality seemed like a great starting point but stripping down something as complex as that code was proving to be way more difficult than I thought. Starting from scratch using available components was likewise more difficult than I bargained for. If you looked at the efforts by some others they were pretty buggy. But the worst stumbling block was that the WebGL API (at the time) was only experimental, undocumented and unsupported. Basically, only a few programmers inside the Mozilla team seemed to really understand how to make it work.

I explored a couple of other avenues and came to a dead-end each time.

I haven't looked at this in a couple of years but a stand-alone WebXR capable HTML5 + javascript interpreting app that will run KRPano in a VR HMD is not something I've been able to find. Developing it is certainly possible but exceedingly difficult, in my experience.

• Hi Scott Thank you for your reply

Before i use Unity and Complete360Tour extension for make APK for Quest

Workfine but image quality is low, Krpano is better.

The problem Oculus Quest need signature inside android manifest xml file

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!