HTML5 viewer shows only black screen - TypeError: h is undefined

• Hello everyone,

I encountered a strange problem today, which I - as a complete newbie - cannot solve.

It seems to me, that the html5 viewer doesn’t work correctly (which is of course very unlikely). With a flat panorama everything is fine, the browser shows the pano and all controls and you can move around.
    For a multires pano the browser shows nothing, just black (the background color defined in the auto generated html file). I started the web tools and in the console I saw the following error:

Code
    TypeError: h is undefined

The error seems to be located in pano.js line 11. I have no idea, what h is and from where it comes nor can I debug javascript.

I tested this with Chrome, Firefox and Safari (all on Mac) and Firefox on Linux. I got always the same result.

The included examples of krpano on the other hand are working all fine.

I tried krpano 1.19-pr10 and 1.18.4 as well and always used the krpano Testing Server.

To create the panos I just threw the jpeg onto the droplets. Except viewangle and so on I didn’t adjust anything.

Here are the links:

Does someone has an idea about this? I guess, it’s something quite easy, but I’m absolutely clueless. *confused*

Thanks and have a nice day!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von navi (5. Juni 2017 um 21:24)

• safari says:

TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'h.mjpegstream')

maybe that helps to find the error?

Well, it doesn't help *me* - as I said, no knowledge with html5, js, ... :) it seems, that the object h was not defined, but if the "code generator" does not define it, how the user should do it? it's a little bit strange, as I did nothing but create a multires pano. No customizations at all. I did some panos this way some time ago and it worked perfectly. Now this error appears out of the box with two different versions of krpano. I can't believe, that this is a bug, but I don't know either, what I could have missed.

Zitat

btw.. what town is that in the flat pano? :)

That"s Fribourg (Freiburg) in Switzerland. I absolutely recommend to visit this town for a day or two - for the other towns and villages in that area plan another couple of days ;)

• Zitat

just thought about "mjpegstream" ... are you doing anything with movies, too?

No, no movies at all. Just used a jpeg with 15 MB size as "input".

Right now krpano is more or less unusable for me with that error. If I find time, I will create a Linux VM and test it there.

Would it help to upload the source file, so that you could test it with your krpano instance?

And if you like Fribourg you should also visit Bern - the old part of the town is an UNESCO world heritage, as far as I know. There are a lot of good spots for taking photos and create panoramas :)

• Hi,

the 'TypeError: h is undefined' error happens because of trying to use a - currently unsupported - multires spherical image in the html5 viewer.

The viewer is expecting a <sphere> element inside the <image> element, but doesn't found one and that unfortunately results in that error - a bug of course - I've fixed that now for the next release...

...but even with fixing the pano itself would be still not visible, because that image type is not supported yet.

The HTML5 viewer currently only supported cubical or flat multiresolution images. Non-multires/non-tiled images are supported for all formats (cube, sphere, cylinder, flat).

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hello Klaus & everyone,

this answer is so clear and simple - it leaves me a little bit speechless :)

I'm pretty sure (I was convinced :) ), that I created some while ago - let's say a year - spherical multires panos, which worked with html5. But obviously that's not possible :)

Is there a way - after the pano was built - to detect which type of pano was created? I really want to check what I might have done in the past.

And is there a plan, that the html5 viewer will support these kind of panorama? Just asking.

Thank you for your quick help and best regards,
    Juergen

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!