Multilingual/multi-language support for krpano viewer = internationalization = i18n

• Please find enclosed the multi-language support for krpano viewer.
    You can check it when downloading the demotour-corfu-i18n.zip and unzip it in the ..krpano/viewer/examples/ folder
    It creates the subfolder ..krpano/viewer/examples/demotour-corfu-i18n
    When starting the demotour-corfu-i18n/index.html file you can see the original demotour-corfu virtual tour available in 4(3) languages (en, en-US, de, sk). The language selector is among the krpano buttons and in the context menu, too.

Features:
    - krpano viewer translated (contextmenu, skins, tooltips, VR menus) without change of original code;
    - no need to mark strings in advance;
    - no need to create a master list;
    - possible to add a new language version to the existing krpano virtual tour;
    - possible to enhance with the next language without performance overhead;
    - language specific code enhancement;
    - you can reuse one phrase on multiple places;
    - you can set the language from outside of the krpano viewer using initvars:{i18n_lang:"de"}
    - scene/hotspot title change without changing the original xml file;
    How to use it:
    - add i18n folder to your vtour folder;
    - add <include url="i18n.xml" /> into your tour.xml (at the end);
    - start your tour.html with initvars:{i18n_lang:"de"} in the embedpano or in the starting URL add the parameter ?initvars.i18n_lang=de
    - edit your language dictionary with your translation.

Files in the i18n folder:
    i18n.xml for includes and language selector code;
    i18n.vskin.xml enhances skin\vtourskin.xml with i18n skin and functionality;
    i18n__.xml set your scene and hotspot titles with the language dictionary fields;
    i18n__en.xml, i18n__en-US.xml, i18n__de.xml... are placeholders for a particular language dictionary;
    please note, that the English is my coding language, so the i18n__en.xml has just reset task.
    The i18n__en-US.xml is a language enhancement when different from basic (e.g. pt and pt-BR).
    The German i18n__de.xml dictionary has English texts from the code as a comment. When you can translate it into your language and append to the post, we can expand krpano.
    /flags/ is for language/country flag images;

The i18n does not support locale date, plurals, number, units available via Javascript and browser support.

The running example with some more features is here:
    http://pavel.ursiny.sk/pano/at/Millst…rs.i18n_lang=en
    If you like it and want to have it in your language let me know. I can upload your translation there.

Have a great internationalization!
    Pavel

I uploaded the update for 1.19pr13. The dynamic skin selector works, too.

• Hello,

do you know if i can do the same switch language at the begining of a tour ? I want that user choise his language in a welcome popup, when click on flag, i just want that the language_1.xml load, it's not important if it's not possible to change after. I do some tries but without success if someone can help me, thanks.

Philippe

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!