Disable browser zoom when floor plan is activated... how?

• I hope I can find a solution here, as our tour was created with Panotour Pro 2.5.7

We just finished a huge project, a virtual tour which is on display in a museum on a large touch screen.

On the first day of public display, we already ran into a serious show-stopping issue as users not only love to zoom into our 360˚ images, but also when a floor plan is activated.

When a user zooms in when the floor plan is displayed, the entire web page becomes zoomable (same zoom effect as COMMAND/CTRL+), resulting in missing UI and a too large displayed panoramic image. The 'devastation' can't be reversed the moment a user closes the floor plan (by clicking a map spot). There is no way for a user or for us to reset this wrong zoom-level, as keyboards are disabled for this interactive touch screen display. The UI is also missing, else we could have added a javascript powered reset button as a workaround.

To us, this is a serious bug, as it cripples the entire virtual tour.

When displaying a pano the browser won't zoom the entire page (just the pano, gui-elements stay in place), this behavior should stay the same when a floor plan is activated.

How can we fix or avoid this unwanted behavior?

• Hi,

so far I know Panotour Pro implements its Floorplan outside of krpano - that means as custom html overlay over krpano.

To avoid something like page-zooming the touch events would need to captured and handled. krpano is doing this automatically for its own elements, but it can't do that of anything that's outside and not part of krpano.

That means this is problem on Panotour side and could be fixed only there. Please contact Kolor for more here.

Or just use krpano only! *wink*

Best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!