Bing Maps V8 API Update

• Hi,

here an important update for the Bing-Maps Plugin (HTML5 version):

Microsoft has changed the Bing Maps API from V7 to V8 - and with that change a lot of APIs that krpano was using where removed or changed. Therefore it was necessary to re-develop the half of the Bing-Maps plugin again.

According to Microsoft the V7 API support will be no longer guaranteed after June 30!
    After that date the current Bing-Maps plugin might stop working.

So when using the Bing-Maps-Plugin for the krpano HTML5 viewer (the plugin for the Flash viewer should keep working), updating (=replacing the bingmaps.js file) would be recommend. Alternatively it would be also possible to use the Google-Maps-Plugin instead.

The new Bing-Maps-Plugin is included in the 1.19-pr11 release:
    krpano 1.19-pr9 / 1.19-pr10 / 1.19-pr11

Best regards,
    Klaus

• hello,

i use bingmap, i use radar, when i turn in the 360, for example from the north to east, the radar turns from the north to west??? idem if i drag the radar on the map, wrong direction... so i can't use the radar *cry*

Am i the only one with this BIG pb ?

Thank's a lot for your attention, if you have an explanation you're welcome...
    Best regards

• perhaps the beginning f a solution:
    i've this pb of wrong direction only with "tour.html", not with "tour_editor.html" ???
    have anyone any explanation ?
    thank's a lot

• Hello,

i tried with another project (i used multires droplet from the last version of krpano), i have the same pb : radar is in the wrong direction only with "tour.html", but not with "tour_editor.html"...

If i use an old version of bing map (remplace "bingmap.js" and "bingmap.swf") all is ok...

Perhaps Klaus *question*
    Thank's

• Hi,

i tried with another project (i used multires droplet from the last version of krpano), i have the same pb : radar is in the wrong direction only with "tour.html", but not with "tour_editor.html"...

Yes, in the new bingmaps.js plugin (in 1.19-pr12) the radar calculation is unfortunately wrong. This will be fixed soon in the next release. As workaround it would be possible to add v8api="false" to <plugin> element.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• ok thank you Klaus for the answer... since i found another bug...
    when i change zoom value in the "skin_map" layer it's ok in "tour_editor.html" but wrong in "tour.html"... ??
    For information my project was generated with multires_droplet, i changed zoom="10" to zoom="25"...
    Best regards

• My previous clients with virtual tour v1.17 started messaging me about the error on their virtual tour and found out it's bingmaps.js not working. I found this thread and saw the solution of replacing the new bingmaps.js. I took the latest bingmaps.js from v1.19 and sent to my clients to replace. Then this new error popped up ERROR: the file "./plugins/bingmaps.js" is not a krpano plugin!

I've read from other thread that the viewer needs to be the same as the plugin.
    Now my question is, are there other alternatives to fix these because there's a lot of viewers to replace almost 100 viewers. Also I need to rename each .swf and .js viewers. Then since the viewers have changed the whole plugins folder needs to be updated as well to match the versions. All this just to update the bingmaps.js

• I've read from other thread that the viewer needs to be the same as the plugin.
    Now my question is, are there other alternatives to fix these because there's a lot of viewers to replace almost 100 viewers. Also I need to rename each .swf and .js viewers. Then since the viewers have changed the whole plugins folder needs to be updated as well to match the versions. All this just to update the bingmaps.js

Hi,

updating the viewer would be highly recommended!
    Version 1.17 is already very old and a lot of thing have changed since that - also related browser/device fixes and support.

The reason for the loading error itself is probably that the old 1.17 version can't load the new (and more efficient) plugin encryption.

To avoid to the need to update a lot of files across several folders I would recommend keeping the core krpano files (the swf/js viewer files and the plugins) at one central location and only changing the paths in the html file to them. Then only these central files need to be updated to update also all panos/tours.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!