Load hotspot before pano? How?

• I seem to remember a way to force a hotspot(s) to load before the underlying pano appears -- or something like that -- but can't find a reference. I have an image meant to cover the underlying pano on start but in some cases the pano appears briefly before the cover image. It needs to be a hotspot so this works in VR Mode.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Hi!

I guess, you should move the cover hotspots out of the <scene> node, add keep="true" to these hotspots. And then maybe call 'loadscene' after the cover hotspots were loaded. Just a guess on the fly though, further details depend on your code and impelentation.

• Hi,

laus, please add preload to hotspots. I trust it is easy enough.

The preload feature is everything but not easy! *wink* It's a very special edge-case out of the normal internal workflow. If possible I would recommend not using it - normal loading has the advantages of unblocked and parallel loading. Then using preload then everything is waiting until the preloaded file has finished loading.

If you're using scenes in your xml you could put the 'preload' hotspot out of the <scene> elements, add keep=true to it and load the first scene in the onloaded event of the hotspot. The result would be the same.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!