Virtual Reality Websites - VRW Hotspot Editor

• Hi all! I built this as I have been working with multiple hotspots on and within many scenes at a time and I didn't like going between the code and the design views and saving refreshing and then changing the hotspot name to edit and then refresh and so on.

1) It is very simple and very easy to use.
    2) Place the XML file hotspot_editor.xml within the krpano tag or the scene tag.
    3) Rename a hotspot in the "hs_vrw" if you only want to adjust or edit a single hotspot.
    4) Or use the pop-up boxes to change names and sizes to increment without refreshing.
    5) You can move between scenes and edit hotspots.

If you position the include file as below you can edit hotspots within all scenes.

If you position the include file as below inside the scene tag you can edit hotspots within that scene only plus see the ATH and ATV as you move.

Code
    <krpano>

<scene>
    <include url="hotspot_editor.xml" />
    <hotspot name="hs_vrw" depth="2200" atv="0" ath="0" enabled="false" distorted="true" width="500" height="prop" zorder="1" type="image" url="picture.jpg" visible="true" ox="0" oy="0" alpha="1.5"/>
    </scene>

</krpano>

Be sure to watch this video to see how it works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwnAvrlDsHU&feature=youtu.be
    Here you can give it ago and see how it works: http://ecapp.co.uk/VR/HotspotEditor/

NO PROGRAM DOWNLOAD OR APP INSTALLATION NEEDED TO VIEW KRPANO VIRTUAL REALITY WEBSITES.

I will post links of other projects and games I created in the past year.

Enjoy and let me know your thoughts.

Link to site: http://ecapp.co.uk/VR/HotspotEditor/
    Link to youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwnAvrlDsHU&feature=youtu.be

Krpano VRW Hotspot Editor

Also a thank you to Sergey74

Edited 2 times, last by VRW_Phil (October 2, 2017 at 5:19 PM).

• My understanding of a forum is you can go there ask a question and hopefully someone will respond with the answer you need.
    And as this is a code forum for Krpano hopefully someone might even give you a helpful snippet of code as you can see within
    most of these post on this forum is what normally happens.

So I gave it a try and Sergey74 is the first person I have asked for any advice. I asked Sergey74 how he did the layout of the text on his video editor.
    I received a snippet of code from Sergey74 (No mention on how I could use it, he did say 'I am glad to help.'), there I was able to see how the text was added within the layer.
    I also ask Sergey74 for advice on an action code that I had created which I sent to him but he was unable to help me on that matter.

I then created what I have call the VRW Hotspot Editor, see Pic right below.
    I have also created every nested layer, created every action and created every input action within this include.
    So yes with all of that in mind this include that I have created is my own.

Again i'm not sure but if you look at the 2 layouts below mine is on the right,
    I would say they are not the same in anyway shape or form, maybe the green text.
    So again with all of that in mind this include that I have created is my own.

• 0.- yes you are true this is a forum to share code or tricks or issues
    1.- this does not mean that you don't need to ask for permit when you present works as of your own
    2.- you could at least mention sergey as the creator inspirator of what you coded after this, and say thanks publicly.
    3.- that said, learning from others is the way to go, but respect is a must have, isn't it?

My point of view

• Hi Jordie,
    Respect is a must have in any forum that is why I mentioned and thanked Sergey74 publicly in my very first post please see above,
    Plus I also private messaged Sergey74 again thanking him for his help.

• VRW_Phil,
    please change the design of your editor so that there is no external similarity. And
    do not forget that private messages are called "private", because it
    implies private communication, and not public dissemination. I hope you understand my English.

translation difficulties *huh*

• Sergey74, I do agree it is best to carry on a message which starts in private messages, So what happened?
    All I asked initially from you was how to get/put the text within a button (I now realise that it was done within a style: a Type of a Stylesheet CSS).
    I've had to reply to all the various questions and comments within this discussion after your post that is why I've had to quote other/your messages.
    Anyway Sergey74, all the best in the future.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!