Can't view panorama locally, "Local usage with file:// urls is limited"

• This is a bit urgent. A client of mine can't view the panorama locally. Here's the error that he gets:

ERROR:

Local usage with file:// urls is limited due browser security restrictions!

Use a localhost server (like the krpano Testing Server) for local testing!
    Just start the krpano Testing Server and refresh this page.

How do I fix this and allow viewing the pano locally? *unsure*

• Hi,

send him the two testing servers that come with the output of using a droplet.
    Double clicking the testing servers should playback just fine locally.

Hope it helps,
    Tuur *thumbsup*

• Thanks, Tuur. So what exactly is the procedure? Is this correct:

1. I put the file "krpano Testing Server.exe" inside the folder with the pano and send him the folder
    2. The client downloads the folder, runs "krpano Testing Server.exe" and in the field "Local Folder" he picks the path to the pano folder
    3. He runs the HTML file

Is that correct? Is there an easier solution since he might not be that tech-savvy? Preferably I would like a one click solution. Does one exist? I want him to be able to run the panos locally with minimal effort from his side. They would also have to open with one click on mobile devices like phones and tablets.
    Thanks so much for the help so far!

I put the file "krpano Testing Server.exe" inside the folder with the pano and send him the folderThe client downloads the folder, runs "krpano Testing Server.exe" and in the field "Local Folder" he picks the path to the pano folderHe runs the HTML fileIs that correct? Is there an easier solution since he might not be that tech-savvy? Preferably I would like a one click solution. Does one exist? I want him to be able to run the panos locally with minimal effort from his side. They would also have to open with one click on mobile devices like phones and tablets.
    Thanks so much for the help so far!

Will not it be easier to place on the server and give a link?
    The customer will check both on the computer and on the mobile and in one click.

• Well, yea, I guess I could do that. It would certainly be easier than the offline server app approach. I thought there would be an easy way of viewing offline. Especially if there was no internet connection available at the time of viewing for some reason. I will upload it on an online server then, thanks for the suggestions!

I put the file "krpano Testing Server.exe" inside the folder with the pano and send him the folder
    The client downloads the folder, runs "krpano Testing Server.exe" and in the field "Local Folder" he picks the path to the pano folder
    He runs the HTML file

Is that correct? Is there an easier solution since he might not be that tech-savvy?

Hi,

no, that's not correct - since krpano version 1.19-pr8 from 2016-09-30 there are 'tour_testingserver' files included in each output (for Windows and Mac).
    Just double click them and the tour will open in the current default browser and run there.
    That should be not that 'tech-savvy' - and beside of this you can also anytime rename the tour_testingserver files to make them more accessible.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Oh, ok. Actually, my krpano version is 1.19-pr8 but I don't see these files in the output folder. Maybe I'll have to update to the newest. I do my panos by dropping the image in "MAKE PANO (NORMAL) droplet.bat".

• no, that's not correct - since krpano version 1.19-pr8 from 2016-09-30 there are 'tour_testingserver' files included in each output (for Windows and Mac).
    Just double click them and the tour will open in the current default browser and run there.
    That should be not that 'tech-savvy' - and beside of this you can also anytime rename the tour_testingserver files to make them more accessible.

Hi Klaus,
    I am using the autogenerated .html created by following the documentation https://krpano.com/docu/tutorials/quickstart/#top
    and added that .html file and other resources including .xml,.js,.swf and .exe of testing server into my iOS app bundle.

Help me to progress from here.Do I need to start the server using that .exe file locally in my iOS webView to load my .html file?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!