VR Youtube video in stereo? is possible?

• Hello! I want to create a stereo plane video with a youtube link, i can see the video but in stereo mode (VR) i see only one big video so is not useful for VR.

How can i change the code to see in stereo, there are some input for this or i have to try another thing?

Many thanks!

Test it

• Thanks, i don´t really want to make it 3D, i only want to see from Youtube a stereo video (in 2D) so i will create the "stereo" video and upload it in Youtube to show in horizontal side by side and add full screen in youtubeplayer.xml

I hope it works in VR mode.

Many thanks Klaus!

Test it

• I hope it works in VR mode.

No, that's technically not possible with Youtube.

In WebVR only WebGL content is technically possible - and the only way to embed Youtube is via iframe - and it's impossible to bring an iframe content into a WebGL texture.

If you want to use videos in WebVR you need to host them yourself (or at a hoster where you have access to the video files).

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hello Klaus,

I have created a video stereo side by side, it looks very good in the computer when you click and you see the video (autoplay) but when i try in the mobile it don´t play automatically. Also in VR when you want to go out of the video is imposible without touching the screen.

Im using videoplayer.xml

Can you help me?

Many thanks,
    Logos

Test it

• Hi,

autoplay videos are not possible on mobile browser (and probably soon also on desktop browsers).

A workaround would be playing the video already on a very first touch - e.g. the first touch on the screen or when touching an 'enter vr' button - and then directly PAUSING it.
    A later resuming is possible without touch.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!