Multires viewer only shows preview

• Hi,
    I'm very new to KRPANO having only made a few fixed resolution panos. I'm trying my first multires pano, its not a 360 but only 108 horizontal. The image is 1058X440, so shouldn't be too large. Everything seems OK and there are four levels of tiles produced at various resolutions as you would expect. When loaded into a browser (I've tried Safari and Firefox) only the preview is displayed and no matter how much you zoom in the resolution doesn't change. Apologies if this is an obvious problem but I've been unable to find anything on the forum or documentation so far.
    The xml file is attached.
    Regards,
    Paul

• HI Klaus
    Thanks for the information on cube limits, now I know what to look for I've found it all in the documentation. I padded one of my panos in PS to 360X45 and used the xml to limit the view and it worked really well but it produced 19000+ files and sub-directories so will be a problem on my website (limit of 250000).

I've been trying the flat format with makepano (flat) as this seems to fit what I'm doing better and the result renders OK in html5 although I'm not sure why as it doesn't use cubes.
    Anyway all was going well until viewing pano on a phone and I noticed the image when zoomed out appears to get half repeated. I can reproduce on several files using the delivered defaults and using firefox in responsive design mode. The problem seems to occur when horizontal resolution is reduced below 500p and the display is zoomed fully out. Unfortunately many phones report their resolution as much lower than screen res so I think this may show up on a lot of devices.
    Regards,
    Paul

• Well actually there is a way to do it.

PCElliott went the right way. Convert it to a cube and make it a multiresolution panorama. Then just limit the viewing area.

Yes you get a lot of tiles and most of them are black as you just cover a small part of the panorama.
    In PCElliotts case it were 19.000 tiles. In my case it were ~80.000.
    So I used a little script to check the colors of all tiles and delete each black tile as well as all the directories where they where in.

In my example it was a 360 degree cylinder but it also works with partial images of course.

Here is my example:http://llj.li/p/6fm2v

(the small strip is still 1.8 gigapixels so you can imagen how huuuuggeeeeee the whole cube was!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!