Maps plugin: how to use gmAPI?

• Hi to everyone!

I'd like to use the gmAPI object which is mentioned in this page of the documentation. This part of the documentation being rather obscure (unlike the rest of the documentation I should say), could anyone tell me how to use this gmAPI object? How to access it? Where is it?

Greetings,

Seb

Edited once, last by seb-visitit (October 26, 2017 at 1:09 PM).

• Hi,

here an example:

Call in the 'onmapready' event a custom action:

Code
    <plugin name="map"
        onmapready="gmapi_test();"
        />

and in in that custom (Javascript) Action access the gmAPI object via the 'caller' object (that is the plugin[map] object):

Code
    <action name="gmapi_test" type="Javascript"><![CDATA[
        var gmAPI = caller.gmAPI;
        if (gmAPI) // check if having the gmAPI
        {
            gmAPI.map.setOptions(...);
        }
    ]]></action>

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Thanks Klaus for the quick answer!

How would I do (if doable) with external JS? I mean:

In my vtourskin.xml:

Code
    <layer name="skin_map_container" type="container" align="leftop" width="100%" height="100%" bgroundedge="get:skin_settings.design_bgroundedge" maskchildren="true">
      <layer name="skin_map" state="closed" url="" visible="false" align="lefttop" width="100%" height="50%" x="0" y="0" zorder="1" lat="0" lng="0" zoom="10" bgalpha="0" maptype="hybrid" onmapready="skin_addmapspots(); js(map());">
      							[...]
          						</layer>
    					</layer>

Im my custom JS file:

Code
    function googleMap() {
      // How to get gmAPI from here?
    }
  • Thanks again. Excuse my newbiness, but "plugin[map]" is null in my case. I edited the vtourskin.xml excerpt in my previous post to be more explicit.
    I can get layer[skin_map], but it has no gmAPI attribute :-/

• Hi,

the name 'plugin[map]' depends of course on the name that was used in the xml to load the maps plugin.

And right for the vtourskin.xml this would be the 'layer[skin_map]'.

When layer[skin_map].gmAPI is undefined there could be normally only these reasons:
    - you're trying to get gmAPI before the onmapsready event has been called/processed,
    - or the googlemaps.js is too old (it would need to be 1.19-pr9 or higher),
    - or you're using bing instead of google maps,
    - or you're using flash instead of html5.

Try to check if one of these is true.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!