You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "360gradenfotografie" started this thread

Friday, November 3rd 2017, 11:11am

Macbook Pro - Poor performance

I've noticed a poor performance of krpano on my Macbook Pro (Retina, 2016, both Safari and Chrome).

I tested on a lot of devices (Android phones, iPhones, iPads, Windows computer, Apple computer (non-retina)) and on each of those devices, krpano works smoothly.

Is this a known issue? Or is there any way to improve performance? Or maybe a well defined reason why it's runing choppy?

Thanks

Friday, November 3rd 2017, 8:39pm

Interesting. Back in May this year I decided the time had come to replace my elderly Macbook with a shiny new one.

So I paid a visit to the local Apple store to have a play and decide which to purchase. The alternatives were both current Macbook Pro models, one with the touch bar and the slightly cheaper version without, both with Retina screens. I didn't really think that the touch bar warranted the extra cost, and I was hoping to save some money by settling for the version without.

In the store I visited my own website from both machines and viewed some panoramas. I found that rotating the panos on the cheaper machine was quite jerky, whereas on the touch bar model it was silky smooth. I guess the difference must be down to the capabilities of the graphic processors of each machine.

So in the end I settled for the touch bar model with 512 Gb of SSD. Although I resented having to spend nearly 2000 UK pounds on a laptop I have to say I am extremely impressed by my new purchase - it seems blisteringly quick on everything it does, and the display is superb.

Regards

Andrew