Macbook Pro - Poor performance

• I've noticed a poor performance of krpano on my Macbook Pro (Retina, 2016, both Safari and Chrome).

I tested on a lot of devices (Android phones, iPhones, iPads, Windows computer, Apple computer (non-retina)) and on each of those devices, krpano works smoothly.

Is this a known issue? Or is there any way to improve performance? Or maybe a well defined reason why it's runing choppy?

Thanks

• Interesting. Back in May this year I decided the time had come to replace my elderly Macbook with a shiny new one.

So I paid a visit to the local Apple store to have a play and decide which to purchase. The alternatives were both current Macbook Pro models, one with the touch bar and the slightly cheaper version without, both with Retina screens. I didn't really think that the touch bar warranted the extra cost, and I was hoping to save some money by settling for the version without.

In the store I visited my own website from both machines and viewed some panoramas. I found that rotating the panos on the cheaper machine was quite jerky, whereas on the touch bar model it was silky smooth. I guess the difference must be down to the capabilities of the graphic processors of each machine.

So in the end I settled for the touch bar model with 512 Gb of SSD. Although I resented having to spend nearly 2000 UK pounds on a laptop I have to say I am extremely impressed by my new purchase - it seems blisteringly quick on everything it does, and the display is superb.

Regards

Andrew

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!