No gyro support in Android after last update

• We have developed an Android APP to show some custom panorama 360. the APP works great but starting from the last week, our customers are unable to use gyro both in desktop mode than VR mode. Toolbar shows the presence of the gyro, but when clicked nothing happens and the screen remains fixed.
    Another user in forum has submitted a similar problem but his thread is regarding Android 7.0. in our case the problem is present even in older version of Android.

We have found a bug in Chromium that seems related, but we don't have any clue.
    https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/iss…l?id=779443#c32

Obviously in the developer console krpano doesn't raise any error

• Hi,

according to the link bug-reports this is/was a bug the Android Webview...

So with the next Webview update this should be fixed...

Btw - from krpano side there is nothing that can be done in such case of course - when the browser or the webview is fundamentally broken, then only the browser/webview developer can fix that.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi Klaus,
    thanks for the response, effectively we have made some tests with different versions of Chrome and the Canary version fix the issue.
    As you said, we have to wait an official release with the fix implemented or try using Crosswalk like in previous version of the APP

• Just noticed that I updated my Chrome device (Samsung Galaxy S8+) to Android Oreo 8.0.0 today and the gyroscopic view on my demo tour no longer works in the Chrome mobile browser. It works on Android in Firefox browser and on iOS Safari. In Chrome on Android, the tour will not pan left or right, and the up/down movement has high friction (moves slowly on a lag...not very responsive).

Anyone else getting similar results after updating their Android device software?

• Just noticed that I updated my Chrome device (Samsung Galaxy S8+) to Android Oreo 8.0.0 today and the gyroscopic view on my demo tour no longer works in the Chrome mobile browser. It works on Android in Firefox browser and on iOS Safari. In Chrome on Android, the tour will not pan left or right, and the up/down movement has high friction (moves slowly on a lag...not very responsive).

Anyone else getting similar results after updating their Android device software?

Same here...

Google Pixel 2 XL
    Android 8.1.0
    Chrome 65.0.3325.109

Gyro for VR mode seems to work just fine.

• As an update here, I've checked a few other 360 tours from links I found on this forum, and the gyroscopic view on Chrome mobile browser didn't work for any of them. They all worked in Firefox mobile and iOS Safari...just not Chrome.

Does anyone have suggestions for editing the gyro2.js file to correct this issue?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von cubsie (20. März 2018 um 19:34)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!