Shooting into the Sun...

• i All,

First time poster... I've been shooting panoramas for a few years. When shooting a 360/180 pano during the day, the Sun will inevitably make an appearance in the montage. On the frames that contain the sun, I get sunspots and light streaks that don't work with the surrounding frames. There are also exposure issues. If I shoot on manual exposure, the sun shots are blown out, while everything else looks lovely.

How do you all deal with the sun?

I'm currently shooting with a DJI Mavic Pro drone, which can only shoot 30° above the horizon. So, I velcro'd a GoPro to the top of the drone, set to shoot images of the sky every 30 seconds, while the drone shoots the other 42 images (5 rows / 8 columns / 2 nadirs). This setup is working pretty well - except... The camera on the Mavic really ain't all that. It's a cheap fixed-aperature (f2.2), with a tiny sensor (think cell phone).

I thought of trying my polarizing filter, but I can't make adjustments to its angle while in flight.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!