Panoramas jerky in latest Safari

• I have this week updated Safari to the latest version (11.0.2) on my Macbook Pro with touch bar running the latest version of Sierra (not High Sierra).

Now my panoramas rotate more jerkily, with brief but noticeable pauses. Prior to the update rotation was silky smooth, as it still is with the latest version of Firefox (57.0.1).

Has anybody else noticed this, please?

Regards

Andrew

• That's interesting - since my original post I also tried upgrading from Sierra to High Sierra and the jerkiness was gone and all was smooth again.

However, I have had to revert to Sierra and Safari 11.0.1 (restored from my Time Machine backup) as the fix which allowed me to run Photoshop CS5 in Sierra appears to be broken in High Sierra.

I am gradually weaning myself off Photoshop and onto Affinity Photo - when I am sure that I can do without Photoshop I will upgrade to High Sierra again. Like many others I was not happy with Adobe's move to subscription licensing and I refuse to subscribe to it.

Regards

Andrew

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!