You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

360boy

Intermediate

• "360boy" started this thread

Occupation: Virtual tours, Krpano coding, Graphic Design, Photographer, Panographer

Wednesday, December 20th 2017, 5:17pm

Circle hotspots plugin, now available free!

Hello everyone,

I'm glad to announce you my first plugin for Krpano, the circle hotspots plugin, one of the most elegant & minimalist ways to add hotspot links to scenes to a tour in 360 ambient while preserving a thumbnail and scene description.

https://krpano.com/plugins/userplugins/circlehotspots/

This is an idea that has lived with virtual tours at Imagen360.com for some years to date and, as it recently got some popularity and I was asked for it's use on other developers, in the end I decided to give it away open source to the community as some contribution for all I've learned all this years from it.

Since the beginning I've always loved this idea as I never liked arrows at all and other solutions to add thumbnails were a bit too distractive for my taste, we're doing mostly visual photographic experiences so IMO the less distractions in the image the better.

Feel free to use it, modify it and adapt it to your projects, this is now in a very basic format for Krpano default skin but code is there so you can adapt it to your own needs.

And last bye not least, if you feel like this one adds something to your product consider making a donation for the effort and support that's behind.

Best *thumbup*

Luis

Mael B.

Trainee

Thursday, December 21st 2017, 5:01pm

yes, it's very elegant indeed *thumbup*
Thanks for sharing *smile*

reza_shnia

Trainee

Occupation: krpano freelancer || creating ideas & coding them || krpano developer

Friday, December 22nd 2017, 5:51pm

very useful
thanks a lot *thumbsup*

Birdseye

Trainee

Wednesday, January 10th 2018, 4:11pm

Tnx for sharing *thumbup*

Monday, February 26th 2018, 3:27pm

Thank you.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "cubsie" (Mar 2nd 2018, 1:55pm)

Thursday, March 15th 2018, 12:37pm

This is a very interesting plugin! It is good because it allows you to see through a circle. At least!
Thank you very much for what he is!
But I had some problem when I using plugin. When using a FLAT panorama as a first one, panorama "flies"very quickly during transition to hotspot. I tried to change this parameter (minimise smooth. Ex. smooth="10, -10, 20") here:

onclick="if(name != @selected_hs,
select_hs(get(name));
looktohotspot(get(name),get(view.fov));
set(enabled,false);
select_hs();
lookto(get(hotspot[get(name)].ath),get(hotspot[get(name)].atv),get(view.fovmin),smooth(100,-100,120),true,false);
WAIT();
onclick2());"
onclick.desktop="
set(enabled,false);
lookto(get(hotspot[get(name)].ath),get(hotspot[get(name)].atv),get(view.fovmin),smooth(100,-100,120),true,false);
WAIT();
onclick2();"/>

in this case, transition in a first panorama becomes normal. But! In all other panoramas, the transitions on hotspots become very, very slow. Did I make a mistake? Maybe this problem is solvable?
That is my example - http://360sfera.ru/ravda_air/ravda.html

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Konstantine" (Mar 15th 2018, 1:02pm)

360boy

Intermediate

• "360boy" started this thread

Occupation: Virtual tours, Krpano coding, Graphic Design, Photographer, Panographer

Thursday, March 29th 2018, 6:45pm

Hello Konstantine,

Nice example of yours of the circle hotspots plugin in action. *thumbup*

Flat panos are like regular spherical panos just rendered at a very small angle (check <image> hfov & vfov values) that's why if you adjust smooth for those they will slow down transitions on spherical ones (much more larger angles of view).

You can use here either.

CASE1, custom transition for each case:

Introduce an attribute at your "map" <scene> element like map="true" and add a line just below select_hs(); like:

if(scene[get(xml.scene)].map == true, set(hs_transition, smooth(100,-100,120));, set(hs_transition, smooth(10,-10,20));); *not tested code

this way transition is created according to the pano.

CASE2: No look to hotspot for this kind of panos:

Introduce an attribute at your "map" <scene> element like map="true" and set a conditional for this lines:

ifnot(scene[get(xml.scene)].map == true,
WAIT();); *not tested code

This way they won't be called at "map" scenes which is what I do in this cases as I feel animation is not necessary.

Hope this all helps. ;-)

Best

Luis

Wednesday, September 19th 2018, 3:36pm

Hi Luis,
I'm using your cool plugin - great work, But I have one problem, which surfaced just now: On the first scene, no preview images are loaded and thus shown. When I go to another scene and back to the first scene, they show up, as in all the other scenes.
Developer toosl show that no attempt is made to load them, inlike in the other scenes.
Any idea what could cause this, maybe a hint?
Thanks in advance and thanks for your great work.
Steve

Wednesday, September 19th 2018, 3:50pm

Sorry to bother you, I solved it myself by calling *your* startup actions on startup.
Greetings,
Steve

Wednesday, November 21st 2018, 11:24am

Hi Luis,

great plugin! In a Vtour it possible to use as text not the "tag" but the linkedscene title? As the normal "skin_hotspotstyle" does?

Best,
Marc