Circle hotspots plugin, now available free!

• Hello everyone,

I'm glad to announce you my first plugin for Krpano, the circle hotspots plugin, one of the most elegant & minimalist ways to add hotspot links to scenes to a tour in 360 ambient while preserving a thumbnail and scene description.

https://krpano.com/plugins/userplugins/circlehotspots/

This is an idea that has lived with virtual tours at Imagen360.com for some years to date and, as it recently got some popularity and I was asked for it's use on other developers, in the end I decided to give it away open source to the community as some contribution for all I've learned all this years from it.

Since the beginning I've always loved this idea as I never liked arrows at all and other solutions to add thumbnails were a bit too distractive for my taste, we're doing mostly visual photographic experiences so IMO the less distractions in the image the better.

Feel free to use it, modify it and adapt it to your projects, this is now in a very basic format for Krpano default skin but code is there so you can adapt it to your own needs.

And last bye not least, if you feel like this one adds something to your product consider making a donation for the effort and support that's behind.

Best *thumbup*

Luis

• This is a very interesting plugin! It is good because it allows you to see through a circle. At least!
    Thank you very much for what he is!
    But I had some problem when I using plugin. When using a FLAT panorama as a first one, panorama "flies"very quickly during transition to hotspot. I tried to change this parameter (minimise smooth. Ex. smooth="10, -10, 20") here:

onclick="if(name != @selected_hs,
    select_hs(get(name));
    looktohotspot(get(name),get(view.fov));
    set(enabled,false);
    select_hs();
    lookto(get(hotspot[get(name)].ath),get(hotspot[get(name)].atv),get(view.fovmin),smooth(100,-100,120),true,false);
    WAIT();
    onclick2());"
    onclick.desktop="
    set(enabled,false);
    lookto(get(hotspot[get(name)].ath),get(hotspot[get(name)].atv),get(view.fovmin),smooth(100,-100,120),true,false);
    WAIT();
    onclick2();"/>

in this case, transition in a first panorama becomes normal. But! In all other panoramas, the transitions on hotspots become very, very slow. Did I make a mistake? Maybe this problem is solvable?
    That is my example - http://360sfera.ru/ravda_air/ravda.html

Edited 3 times, last by Konstantine (March 15, 2018 at 1:02 PM).

• Hello Konstantine,

Nice example of yours of the circle hotspots plugin in action. *thumbup*

Flat panos are like regular spherical panos just rendered at a very small angle (check <image> hfov & vfov values) that's why if you adjust smooth for those they will slow down transitions on spherical ones (much more larger angles of view).

You can use here either.

CASE1, custom transition for each case:

Introduce an attribute at your "map" <scene> element like map="true" and add a line just below select_hs(); like:

if(scene[get(xml.scene)].map == true, set(hs_transition, smooth(100,-100,120));, set(hs_transition, smooth(10,-10,20));); *not tested code

this way transition is created according to the pano.

CASE2: No look to hotspot for this kind of panos:

Introduce an attribute at your "map" <scene> element like map="true" and set a conditional for this lines:

ifnot(scene[get(xml.scene)].map == true,
    WAIT();); *not tested code

This way they won't be called at "map" scenes which is what I do in this cases as I feel animation is not necessary.

Hope this all helps. *wink*

Best

Luis

• Hi Luis,
    I'm using your cool plugin - great work, But I have one problem, which surfaced just now: On the first scene, no preview images are loaded and thus shown. When I go to another scene and back to the first scene, they show up, as in all the other scenes.
    Developer toosl show that no attempt is made to load them, inlike in the other scenes.
    Any idea what could cause this, maybe a hint?
    Thanks in advance and thanks for your great work.
    Steve

• I wonder is there a small bug with the latest version of krpano?

In previous versions when you clicked on the Main Circle Hotspot on mobile devices it would rotate the pano to look at the hotspot and animate the activated circle hotspot. This hotspot would remain on screen until an "onclick2" call. This does not seem to work any more. With the latest version of krpano the activated circle hotspot only remains on screen when you are looking directly at it. I hope this makes sense.

Try the below on mobile.
    Example with previous version of krpano: https://virtualvisitr.com/panoramas/Scot…ml?startscene=1
    Example with latest version of krpano: https://krpano.com/plugins/userpl…mple/index.html

Is there someone cleverer than me that solve this?
    Thomas

• Hi,

I like this plug !!! :)
    On my last dev (krpano 1.20.9), hotspots works on desktop but not on mobile (firefox like chrome).
    on mobile click on hotspaot adjet the fov but that's all. impossible to loadscene.
    Have you some idea ?
    Thanks
    Damien

Edited once, last by datofz (January 20, 2021 at 10:53 PM).

• In previous versions when you clicked on the Main Circle Hotspot on mobile devices it would rotate the pano to look at the hotspot and animate the activated circle hotspot. This hotspot would remain on screen until an "onclick2" call. This does not seem to work any more. With the latest version of krpano the activated circle hotspot only remains on screen when you are looking directly at it. I hope this makes sense.

The developer has amended this plugin to fix the above.

On my last dev (krpano 1.20.9), hotspots works on desktop but not on mobile (firefox like chrome).
    on mobile click on hotspaot adjet the fov but that's all. impossible to loadscene.
    Have you some idea ?
    Thanks
    Damien

Damien. plugin is updated now at krpano

• Dear Luis!

Awesome plugin!
    I also don't like default black arrows and I\m learning how to use circle styled hotspots...

I'm very new with krpano and in the process of taking decision if I should go for krpano.
    Learning curve is hugh for me, but I can see, with all nice people ready to help PLUS various plugins developer this piece of software is super cool.

Thank you for your work and share!

All the best to you!

• I notice with latest version of krpano with this plugin that linkedscene_lookat doesn't work. It always reverts to the scene's view. Hoping there's a resolution to this.

• I notice with latest version of krpano with this plugin that linkedscene_lookat doesn't work. It always reverts to the scene's view. Hoping there's a resolution to this.

I have modify the plugin. So now you can go to the linked scene and use the linkedscene_lookat info to lookat.
    https://github.com/miguel-coppilo…ots-plugin-plus (the plugin: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/miguel-coppilo…le_hotspots.xml )

Hope this help.

• I can't work out how to implement "use3dtransition" function. I would like to use this plugin with the 3dtransition in krpano 1.21.
    I assumed I should place the call somewhere in the onclick2 attribute in the circle_hotspots.xml but can't seem to get it working.

Here is my current onclick2 action

Code
    onclick2="loadscene(get(name),null,MERGE,get(skin_settings.loadscene_blend));skin_updatescroll();"

Anyone able to advise?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!