Plans for re-vamping zorder?

• I was wondering if we can expect the zordering to be re-vamped anytime soon? Specifically pertaining to
    1) hotspots rendered by css3d, svg, and webgl (currently all hotspots by css3d are above the svg, and svg above webgl)
    2) the zorder being limited to 0-100

Also i have noticed a few strange quirks with zorders changing when there are large amount of hotspots within the panorama and new polygons are added.

Thank you in advance!

• I was wondering if we can expect the zordering to be re-vamped anytime soon?

Yes.

hotspots rendered by css3d, svg, and webgl (currently all hotspots by css3d are above the svg, and svg above webgl)

What exactly do you mean?
    Polygon hotspot rendering via WebGL is already in work and with that it will be possible to mix the polygonal hotspots with the other (by webgl rendered) hotspots.

But mixing html, webgl and svg content will be never possible of course (and shouldn't be necessary).

the zorder being limited to 0-100

The zorder isn't limited to 0-100.
    The documentation says it should be between in 0-100.
    The reason for this is related to browser css3d bugs/workarounds, but when rendering with WebGL this doesn't matter - there the zorder value will be only used to sort the elements.

Also i have noticed a few strange quirks with zorders changing when
    there are large amount of hotspots within the panorama and new polygons
    are added.

Which ones?
    There are no known general problems.

• Quoted

hotspots rendered by css3d, svg, and webgl (currently all hotspots by css3d are above the svg, and svg above webgl)
    What exactly do you mean?
    Polygon hotspot rendering via WebGL is already in work and with that it will be possible to mix the polygonal hotspots with the other (by webgl rendered) hotspots.

That's great! Out of couriosity, when can this feature be expected?

So i've noticed this only occurring occasionally, not sure the circumstances as to why.

Notice the orange circles with the icons in the middle. They are PNGs added in order of the smallest first, largest last, all with a zorder=1 and renderer = css3d. Usually they are in the expected zorder, with the largest in front blocking the smaller ones. However occasionally they appear in reverse, as seen below.

The real strange part is that when i add a measurement line (two image hotspots and a polyline), the order reverts back to the correct zorder. This cycle repeats itself, switching back and forth between the correct and reverse zorder each time more hotspots are added.

These screenshots were taken from chrome. I've noticed the same things happening in firefox and IE. The triangle hotspots are also PNGs and i believe were rendered with css3d (i changed them sometime around taking these screenshots).

I realize this is some very strange behavior with dubious circumstances, but any insight can help! Fortunately it does not happen often, though it does make it difficult to pin down the cause.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!