SOLVED krpano offline tour on android (again)

• Hi,

sorry if this sounds familiar to you, but I found different approaches here in the forum to make krpano tours run on android devices, but either they don't seem to work or they sound rather demanding. Since I want to offer this to clients, it must be very easy.

On my old Android phone (Android 2 :-D) I could simply open a path to some local files in the browser - these times are obviously long gone.

In a recent blog post I read, that using "file:///sdcard/my_documents/my_folder/index.html" should work in Chrome, but I can not confirm this, it's not.

Using a server like kWs works somehow for me, but this is no way to go to deliver content to a client.

Another idea put forward here was creating an app. This seems not that easy for myself - and I did not really understand if such an app than would show the tour from some local data or from a website only (thus making a web connection necessary).

The best would be a Goodreader alternative for android, I guess, but if such does not exist - how to deliver offline tours to clients in a way they can easily understand and which is easy to produce for myself?

Yours,
    Michael

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von mstoss (3. Februar 2018 um 18:38) aus folgendem Grund: Problem solved

• Hi, I'm thinking about some kind of tour_testingserver.apk that allows to run any tour (html file, xml...) in the same way as it does for computers. That at least would make some progress. Would that be difficult to develope? Panotour has a effective solution for this: it has a viewer for loading files that it makes itself. Greetings, Fernando.

• it is doable, just stick to cordova, phonegap and the like.
    and if you have it, it works for all of your tours.
    follow their documentation and howtos

Thanks a lot. I looked into this and came as far as to create a working project with phonegap, but did not really manage to understand how to publish. Before I started digging further, I read about the Virtual Tour Pro app, mentioned below. That works for me.

Nevertheless it sounds charming to have an app, not just for me, offering this to a client, but even for a client to promote his 360 stuff afterwards. Maybe I consider using this approach for dedicated projects - if I can find out how to publish, that is...

Thanks again,
    Michael

• Virtual Tour Pro by Tubbrit, in Play Store. There is a free version

Thanks a lot - Just tested the free version. Looks as if it does exactly what I need. I can simply transfer the tour project to a specific folder and it works. Now buying the Pro version *smile*

(Seems that some users have difficulties to follow the (simple) instruction though. Might be a problem for some of my clients then as well, but that can be dealt with)

Thanks again,
    Michael

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!