Spherical stereoscopic panoramic video [solved]

• Hi,

I'm trying to create a pano tour including a spherical stereoscopic panoramic video (with VR support), but without success.

The video plays just fine, but is shown as a cylinder form and not as sphere. Which means I get a black round area at the top and the bottom (basically looking like a ceiling and a floor when you are in VR), rather than seeing the video all around like the non-stereoscopic version.
    - whether I change the panorama type to 'sphere' or 'cylinder' doesn't make a difference.
    - also changing the stereoformat to SBS and using a side-by-side video doesn't make a difference.

As a test, I have used the 'demotour-stereoscopic' example, from the examples in the krpano software download, as a basis and have added a video using the instructions/code from https://krpano.com/docu/xml/#image.stereoformat as followed:

Code
    <plugin name="video"
            url.flash="videoplayer.swf"
            url.html5="videoplayer.js"
            videourl="video.m4v|video.webm"
            />

<image>
        <sphere url="plugin:video" />
    </image>

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong, or does anyone have an example of a spherical stereoscopic panoramic video anywhere? I haven't been able to find a working stereoscopic example, only for images but not video.

Thanks!
    Joël

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Joel (20. Februar 2018 um 18:58)

• Hi,

in the code that you have posted above there are no stereo settings...?

E.g. try it that way (assuming your input video has a 360x180 TB image):

Code
    <image hfov="360" vfov="180" stereo="true" stereoformat="TB">
      <sphere url="plugin:video" />
    </image>

Best regards,
    Klaus

• in the code that you have posted above there are no stereo settings...?

Hi Klaus,

thank you very much for you reply and help! *smile* You have found the problem for me. Something must have gone wrong when I copied the code into my post, as I did have the 'stereo' and 'stereoformat' options included in my code (hence my reference to the #image.stereoformat page).

However, I did NOT have a hfov and vfov set (perhaps worth adding this to the #image.stereoformat documentation example ?) and this seems to do the trick! After adding those parameters, the video is shown all around as a sphere instead of as a cylinder. I can imagine that by leaving out hfov and vfov, it either tries to guess the values or use default values or so...? which resulted in a cylinder form apparently.

Thanks again for the help!

• Hi,

by default - that means when using 360x180 images - adding hfov/vfov values wouldn't be necessary, but I will add a note in the documentation with the next release that adding these setting might be necessary.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!