You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Mael B.

Trainee

• "Mael B." started this thread

Thursday, March 1st 2018, 4:49pm

Responsive Scrollable Grid Photo Gallery PLUGIN

This is the support thread for the Responsive Scrollable Grid Photo Gallery PLUGIN

Demo here :
- Simple example (1 gallery in 1 pano): http://www.maelbathfield.net/krpano/phot…in/example.html
- Full example (multiple galleries in a vr tour): http://www.maelbathfield.net/krpano/photo_gallery_plugin/
(There is no limitation for size of source images; only for information, in these examples, images for desktop are max.1600px width or max. 1200px height, and images for mobile are max.800px width or max. 600px height)

I would thanks:
- Leszek Cuper for coding the free plugin Swipe gallery ; i used its code as a base for my own coding.
- Jordi VallverdĂș for recently coding the free plugin file_exist.xml , that i included in the current plugin :)

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Mael B." (Mar 3rd 2018, 6:58pm)

Mael B.

Trainee

Saturday, March 3rd 2018, 7:00pm

Thanks Klaus for adding this plugin in the plugin list in krpano website *smile*

Sunday, March 4th 2018, 10:16am

Hi,thanks for developing this plugin,but your example and your website can not opened... *cry*

Mael B.

Trainee

Sunday, March 4th 2018, 12:29pm

Hi,thanks for developing this plugin,but your example and your website can not opened... *cry*
this is strange, i didn't notice any issue recently with my website and it seems to currently work well...

Sunday, March 4th 2018, 1:52pm

but i really can't access your website,anyway,does your plugin support the vr mode?

Mael B.

Trainee

Sunday, March 4th 2018, 7:06pm

but i really can't access your website,anyway,does your plugin support the vr mode?
I don't know what happen for you, you are the first person telling me he can't access to my website ?!?

Sorry, my plugin don't support vr mode for now.

Mael B.

Trainee

Thursday, April 12th 2018, 4:06pm

Previews for a new advanced version

Currently a lot of work in progress for coding of an advanced version of this photo gallery plugin *smile*

There are some previews of examples of new layout make with this new version:

All the customization of the gallery will be controlled by a graphical editor !

(note: the combobox for changing colors will by changed for hue/light/sat. sliders)

I hope to be able to release a beta version at the end of the next week... *rolleyes*

Tuur

Sage

Occupation: Krpano custom coding / Virtual Tours / Photography / Musician / Recording engineer

Thursday, April 12th 2018, 6:41pm

*love*

Tuur *thumbsup*
http://www.virtualtuur.com

Mael B.

Trainee

Saturday, April 21st 2018, 12:19am

I'm late in the coding of the part 'scroll gallery editor', sorry. *rolleyes*

So I give here another teaser for this plugin with the 'player part' :
http://www.maelbathfield.net/krpano/phot…roteiStyl/demo/

this new version would perhaps be finally named "ProteiStyl' Photo Gallery" *g*

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Mael B." (May 10th 2018, 4:50pm)

lizard.king

Beginner

Wednesday, May 2nd 2018, 11:55pm

Hi

This plugin seems to be well suited for my current project. Hovever I have a few question, before I can integrate the plugin:

Is it possible to open a gallery also from javascript, e.g. something like show_gallery(galleryname)?

For tours, can galleries also be defined outside of the scenes, so they can be used from more than one scene or that they can be called through javascript from the map plugin (tested this successfully with the swipe gallery)?

Is possible to load the images just on demand and not on startup or at least only load small thumbails?

Is it possible or are there plans to support the use of special thumbnail images in addition to the big and the smaller _s images?
Canon EOS 80D, Canon EFS 10-22mm, Sigma 17-70mm, Canon EF 100mm, Canon 70-300mm
Diverse Kompaktknipser
Gigapan Beta
Autopano Giga, APT, KRPano unlimited
Merlin Orion Panohead with Papywizard

Mael B.

Trainee

Thursday, May 3rd 2018, 12:27pm

Hi,
Hi

This plugin seems to be well suited for my current project. Hovever I have a few question, before I can integrate the plugin:

Is it possible to open a gallery also from javascript, e.g. something like show_gallery(galleryname)?
The action to open a gallery is "show_rsgp_gallery(get(galleryname));", so it will be possible to use it from javascript.

For tours, can galleries also be defined outside of the scenes, so they can be used from more than one scene or that they can be called through javascript from the map plugin (tested this successfully with the swipe gallery)?
Yes, it is totally possible if no another galleries are defined in the scenes. Currently, due to gallery name limitation (gallery1, gallery2, gallery3, gallery4,... within each scene) it is difficult to mix galleries in and out the scene nodes.
But, the upcoming advanced version (ProteiStyl' Photo Gallery plugin) unlock this limitation *smile* See the updated example here (gallery on the lefttop) ;-)
Within this version, the action to open a gallery from js should be "show_pspg_gallery(get(gallery[gallery_name].index));"

Is possible to load the images just on demand and not on startup or at least only load small thumbails?
No with the current version but...

Is it possible or are there plans to support the use of special thumbnail images in addition to the big and the smaller _s images?
...this is already supported in the upcoming advanced version with 4 image levels : normal (big) images (for the scroll gallery), _s thumbnail images (for the grid gallery), and the same for mobile devices (_m, _ms). On startup, only _s (or _ms) images are loaded to be ready for the grid gallery, then normal (or _m) images are loaded only after the opening of the grid gallery (thin progress bar on bottom).

lizard.king

Beginner

Thursday, May 3rd 2018, 2:30pm

Sounds excellent!

The new version looks great. Any idea how long it will take till release?
Diverse Kompaktknipser
Gigapan Beta

Mael B.

Trainee

Thursday, May 3rd 2018, 7:07pm

The new version looks great. Any idea how long it will take till release?
I will not dare to give a precise date... because the coding of the 'editor part' takes much more time than expected ! *whistling* (and i have also currently other activities which take me some times).

However, I could perhaps release a demo version of the 'player part' only (with all the parameters being manually modifiable in the xml) in the next week... let's me know if it is valuable...

I have to tell that I plan to set the price of 'ProteiStyl' Photo Gallery plugin' a little bit more than the current version, because there is much more coding work... I thinks about 52euros..

lizard.king

Beginner

Sunday, May 6th 2018, 2:50pm

This sounds very interesting. I'd be happy to give the plugin a try even if the editor is not yet (fully) working. Kind of prefer to work in xml anyway, at least if the xml paras somehow documented.

The price would be OK for me as well, if the plugin is really doing what I want it to do. Apart from the capability of displaying thumbnails and bigger images a good behaviour in terms of loading the images is the most important point for me.

I'm thinking of using the plugin for my newstest projest where I have approx 60 spherical panos and almost another 100 cylindrical and partial cylindrical panos. To this project I want to add a bunch of image galleries and it is obviously important that loading of the images in the galleries happens in a controlled manner, since loading 100s of pictures at the start would most likely not be feasible within a acceptable time.
Diverse Kompaktknipser
Gigapan Beta

Mael B.

Trainee

Tuesday, May 8th 2018, 12:25am

This sounds very interesting. I'd be happy to give the plugin a try even if the editor is not yet (fully) working. Kind of prefer to work in xml anyway, at least if the xml paras somehow documented.
So, the work is in progress to release as fast as possible a demo version ;-)

Mael B.

Trainee

Thursday, May 10th 2018, 4:44pm

I just created a new thread for the upcoming ProteiStyl' Photo Gallery PLUGIN ... with a DEMO VERSION available !! *smile*