Webvr not working with Chrome's latest updates

• It's just that I thought that the new 66 version would be available immediately for the entire world on the 17th. I don't know how long it takes to Google to distribute their programs worldwide (hours, days, weeks...?)

• Chrome 66 for Android is now out in the UK. You need to go to Play store and update there if auto updates aren't enabled.

I've tested the new Chrome with old tours that I've done and all where buggy due to older versions of the gyro2.js and webvr.js

I have now replaced all versions in all tours refreshed my cloudflare cache and cleared local device cache and they all now work fine but without this Gyro movement is very jumpy/spinning around - I can only assume due to the Radian- Degree change in Chrome 66.

• This morning I downloaded the new 66 Google Chrome version. It seems that it’s already available in Spain.

Old panos, made with the old version of krpano, don’t work, as expected.

Panos made recently with the new krpano version work fine, although it seems that the movement is not as fluid as before the bug in Google Chrome.

Now I will have to replace the pano files with new ones made with the actual krpano version. But the problem is all those clients that received my files long ago, and now they have these files stored in their servers. I will have to contact them again and tell them that they have to replace files… A mess. (Not Klaus fault, of course)

• This morning I downloaded the new 66 Google Chrome version. It seems that it’s already available in Spain.

Here too (Austria) - I have also received the Chrome 66 only today.

Panos made recently with the new krpano version work fine, although it seems that the movement is not as fluid as before the bug in Google Chrome.

There should be normally no difference, at least for me it seems to work the same...

Now I will have to replace the pano files with new ones made with the actual krpano version. But the problem is all those clients that received my files long ago, and now they have these files stored in their servers. I will have to contact them again and tell them that they have to replace files… A mess. (Not Klaus fault, of course)

I agree, there would be surely better ways for Google doing that change...

• Hello

I get an error updating webvr.js

===

INFO: krpano 1.19-pr8 (build 2016-09-30)
    INFO: HTML5/Desktop - Chrome 66.0 - WebGL
    INFO: Registered to: xxxxx
    INFO: init play
    WARNING: Unknown action: init_radar_map
    WARNING: Unknown action: initloading
    INFO: loadscene2 1 scene1 null MERGE null
    INFO: init_scene scene1
    WARNING: Unknown action: updateradar
    WARNING: Unknown action: stopallsounds
    WARNING: Unknown action: checkrotation
    WARNING: Unknown action: setcapmsg
    INFO: onxmlcomplete
    INFO: onxmlcomplete
    INFO: krpano is ready...
    ERROR: WebVR plugin - too old krpano version (min. 1.19)
    INFO: onloadcomplete
    ===

Do you know something?

Thank you

• Hi,

here updated gyro2.js and webvr.js plugin with automatic workarounds for Chrome 65 and higher:
    krpano_gyro2_and_webvr_plugins_for_android_chrome65_and_higher.zip.zip

Just replace the current files and clear the browser cache.
    Setting in the xml files are not necessary.

The new plugins are automatically using the "deviceorientation" event instead of the "devicemotion" event on Android Chrome 65 - and - for Chrome 66 and higher the 'radians to degrees' change is applied.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Hello,

I am having problems seeing the VR in Google Chrome also. It works, but staggers a little.
    I am creating the VR tour with 1.19-pr16 version.
    Can you help? Thanks

Edited 2 times, last by vpata (November 6, 2018 at 1:10 PM).

• After changing the gyro2.js and webvr.js in my project, the cardboard icon dissapeared.

What to do to bring it back?

SOLVED

How ??? as iam facing the same issue ... cardboard icon has disappeared ... how to update the version in krpano viewer

Edited once, last by farhanfhk (December 12, 2018 at 11:27 AM).

• Quoted from "farhanfhk"

After changing the gyro2.js and webvr.js in my project, the cardboard icon dissapeared.

Have you updated also the krpano viewer?
    Maybe the version of the viewer and plugins don't match...

I have manually changed the versions in tour.js , but still the problem not solved ??

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!