Black screen with no pano image in Google Chrome MacOs

• It seems like this affects only macOs at least I tried on windows Chrome with no trouble or black screen.

the google chrome version that i have is Version 65.0.3325.162 (Official Build) (64-bit) and downloaded chromium to see if the problem persisted , and it does at least in this version: Chromium Version 67.0.3378.0 (Developer Build) (64-bit)

The black screen is also happening in all of the examples at the krpano site. The interface and maps do appear only the loading shows up and finishes but leaves a fully black pano image.

I assume that there is a problem with WebGl?

if chrome is forced to ?flash=only there is no problem or black screen

Klaus, can you confirm this?

Any idea or solution?

Thanks!

• Hi,

Klaus, can you confirm this?

No, I can't confirm a problem.
    My test macs are working fine.

But yes, when only the pano is black it looks like a core WebGL browser problem.

Please run this page in your Mac Chrome and make a screenshot of it:
    https://browserleaks.com/webgl

and additionally also a screenshot of 'About this Mac' => 'System Report' => 'Graphics/Display' page.

With that information it should be possible to make a research about Chrome and GPU-chipset related problems.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

according to your screenshot there is no WebGL support on your system in Chrome.

That's already strange and probably also explains the not working CSS3D graphics...

Sorry, but that has nothing to do with krpano itself and can't be solved from there.

Something between Chrome and your system is broken regarding graphics support.
    It might be related to the Intel HD 3000 GPU, I'm not sure, but I think I've read somewhere that Chrome doesn't support that GPU anymore.

You could try running Chrome with disabled GPU blacklisting - enter this url in Chrome:
    chrome://flags/#ignore-gpu-blacklist
    and enable the 'Override software rendering list' / 'ignore-gpu-blacklist' setting.

If that doesn't work, another browser like Firefox or Safari or an newer system would be the next options...

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Thanks for your quick reply Klaus !
    Enabling the 'Override software rendering list' device didn't work...

According to you, downgrading to an old older version of Chrome may help ? (it worked on desktop with 65 for instance, but still there was this gyro saccades problem on mobiles though...)

• Thank you Klaus for your help ! It finally worked after so many uninstall/reinstall and parameters combinaisons that I can't remember... showing my level...
    but basically, it only works on my system when enabling 'Override software rendering list' / 'ignore-gpu-blacklist' option (both on Chrome 67 and Opera 12.16).
    According to you, is that only the case because of the "age" of my system ?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!