algin panorama with real-world direction

• Hello,

I want to align the panorama view on my mobile device with the real-world direction, say, when I am looking north in the real world, the mobile device shows the "north-side" of the panorama image. Does anyone have idea how I can achieve this? The compass.js plugin seems to be able to do this, but I don't know how to make this work. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks very much!

Han

• Hi,

the old compass.js plugin is iOS only.

But newer Chrome features are now allowing doing the same on Android too and I'm already planing to extend the gyro2 and webvr plugins with an optional usage of an absolute orientation. More on that topic and how to use it when this is ready.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Klaus,
    Been using kr pano for years, love all the work you have put forth, especially with regards to your patience on these forums with so many repetitive questions, and poorly worded posts. So forgive me if I missed you updating this thread/feature somewhere else. I just wanted to follow up on the features that are proposed here about absolute orientation integration with gyro2 and webvr. Are they still being pursued? Do they have an estimated release date?

Regards,
    Stuart

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!