onover & onout compatability with Gear/Occulus browser

• I just wanted to confirm that onover/onout for a Krpano XML layer does not work in the Gear/Occulus browser in NON WebVR mode currently?

Basically we're creating a custom "webvr_enterbutton" and looking to give it a little user interaction when the VR icon is hovering over the button.
    It might be possible to do it via Javascript and place it directly in the DOM via a plugin but I just wanted to confirm we're not overlooking something simple before heading down that route.

Thanks.

• Hi,

right, the viewer doesn't listen to mouseover/mouseout events on touch devices.

The WebVR mode itself is something different, there the 'vr cursor' triggers the over/out events, not the browser.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Thanks Klaus,
    The Gear browser does listen/trigger some mouse events as I've noticed the behavior on many regular/non WebVR sites. I just don't think the mouse events are passing through the Krpano interface for whatever reason.

• I just don't think the mouse events are passing through the Krpano interface for whatever reason.

I don't know yet if the Oculus Browser and the Samsung VR Browser are really sending mouse over/out events, but the krpano viewer itself wouldn't listen to them anyway - that's disabled for 'touch devices'.

Here a testpage for mouse events:
    https://patrickhlauke.github.io/touch/tests/ev…mouse-only.html

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!