You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, April 4th 2018, 7:08pm

onover & onout compatability with Gear/Occulus browser

I just wanted to confirm that onover/onout for a Krpano XML layer does not work in the Gear/Occulus browser in NON WebVR mode currently?

Basically we're creating a custom "webvr_enterbutton" and looking to give it a little user interaction when the VR icon is hovering over the button.
It might be possible to do it via Javascript and place it directly in the DOM via a plugin but I just wanted to confirm we're not overlooking something simple before heading down that route.

Thanks.

Thursday, April 5th 2018, 11:40am

Hi,

right, the viewer doesn't listen to mouseover/mouseout events on touch devices.

The WebVR mode itself is something different, there the 'vr cursor' triggers the over/out events, not the browser.

Best regards,
Klaus

Thursday, April 5th 2018, 4:46pm

Hi,

right, the viewer doesn't listen to mouseover/mouseout events on touch devices.

The WebVR mode itself is something different, there the 'vr cursor' triggers the over/out events, not the browser.

Best regards,
Klaus
Thanks Klaus,
The Gear browser does listen/trigger some mouse events as I've noticed the behavior on many regular/non WebVR sites. I just don't think the mouse events are passing through the Krpano interface for whatever reason.

Friday, April 6th 2018, 9:48am

I just don't think the mouse events are passing through the Krpano interface for whatever reason.
I don't know yet if the Oculus Browser and the Samsung VR Browser are really sending mouse over/out events, but the krpano viewer itself wouldn't listen to them anyway - that's disabled for 'touch devices'.

Here a testpage for mouse events:
https://patrickhlauke.github.io/touch/te…mouse-only.html