Edits to Umbrella Template in VTBuilder

• I'm using the VT Builder with the Umbrella template, but I have 2 tasks that I haven't been able to accomplish yet. I'm hoping someone here can help point me in the right direction.

1. I need to remove the VR button from the "+" menu in the center of the screen. I've set the WebVR option in the tour.xml file to false, as well as any other WebVR settings, but the button still shows up and the WebVR option will still open when the button is clicked. Can anyone tell me how to remove the button (at the least) and hopefully remove the option of viewing the tour in WebVR all together?

2. Controlling the zoom level of a floor plan. I've taken careful steps to produce a floor plan that matches the size of the UI component it is stored in on the tour, but the vt builder still wants to zoom into the floor plan rather then show the entire plan. Is there some way to set a standard zoom level that it opens with? How is this controlled?

Thanks in advance for any help on these matters. It's greatly appreciated! *smile*

• Hi

Thank you for purchasing our VTB *smile*

1. I need to remove the VR button from the "+" menu in the center of the screen. I've set the WebVR option in the tour.xml file to false, as well as any other WebVR settings, but the button still shows up and the WebVR option will still open when the button is clicked. Can anyone tell me how to remove the button (at the least) and hopefully remove the option of viewing the tour in WebVR all together?

Paste this code anywhere in the XML code.

Code
    <action name="remove_vr_btn" autorun="preinit">      
    umbrella_ico.item.removearrayitem(vr_ico);      
    copy(index_ico_aktyw, umbrella_ico.item.count);    
    </action>

2. Controlling the zoom level of a floor plan. I've taken careful steps to produce a floor plan that matches the size of the UI component it is stored in on the tour, but the vt builder still wants to zoom into the floor plan rather then show the entire plan. Is there some way to set a standard zoom level that it opens with? How is this controlled?

The plan does not have the option of increasing the size. The plan scales 1:1. Maybe give a screenshot so I know exactly what you're looking for.

best regards
    Piotr

• Hello Piotr,

Thank you so much for the help. The VR button is gone now and your comment about the floor plan allowed me to trouble shoot the problem myself. It turns out I was taking measurements of the panel on a retina display, so everything was 2x the size it should have been. I resized the graphic and it fits perfectly now!

Moving forward, is there any type of documentation that I might be able to look over that could help me remove any other items that might be requested? The client had asked about removing the heart / volume icon on the left side of the screen. Is there any way to do this with CSS by simply hiding the object, or would I have to construct a similar action as with the Web VR button.

• Thank you so much for the help. The VR button is gone now and your comment about the floor plan allowed me to trouble shoot the problem myself. It turns out I was taking measurements of the panel on a retina display, so everything was 2x the size it should have been. I resized the graphic and it fits perfectly now!

*thumbup*

Moving forward, is there any type of documentation that I might be able to look over that could help me remove any other items that might be requested? The client had asked about removing the heart / volume icon on the left side of the screen. Is there any way to do this with CSS by simply hiding the object, or would I have to construct a similar action as with the Web VR button.

In the latest version of the Umbrella template, you can change over 100 settings. The settings.xml file has default settings and you can change them there. For example, if you want to hide the heart button, change:

Code
    favorite_module_is_active="true"

to

Code
    favorite_module_is_active="false"

About CSS - KRpano elements (layers/hotspots) are not created by CSS and can not be modified in this way.

Piotr *thumbsup*

• So almost a full year later I'm just seeing your reply to this thread. Thanks for the update, but I have to admit that I'm a little confused. I just downloaded the latest umbrella template and found the settings.xml file, but I don't see the parameters that you are talking about. Was the version that you mentioned actually implemented?

• Thanks for the reply! I don't know how I missed that the first time, but I appreciate you pointing me in the right direction.

What about the thumbs button. You showed an action in a previous post that removed the vr button. How could I modify that action to remove the thumbs button in the same area? Or, alternatively, is there a way to limit which thumbs are visible when opening that preview?

• Hi Piotr,

our client wants no map or floorplan, but we can't get rid of the floorplan-/map-button in the umbrella template.
    Top right icon:

I tried it with the following code. It was just a good guess, but didn't work:

Code
    <action name="remove_navi_btn" autorun="preinit">
          umbrella_ico.item.removearrayitem(navi_ico);
      </action>

Can you please help us with that issue.

Update 26.4.2019:
    I was able to hide the button with a dirty CSS solution:

Code
    #krpanoSWFObject div:nth-child(2)>div:nth-child(8)>div:nth-child(5) {
        	display: none;
    }

Still a more reasonable solution would be appreciated.

Best wishes,
    Alex

Edited 2 times, last by lxne (April 26, 2019 at 11:11 AM).

• Hi Kilby,

you can hide the thumbs button with

Code
    <action name="remove_index_btn" autorun="preinit">
          umbrella_ico.item.removearrayitem(index_ico);
      </action>

But if you hide all the buttons in the bottom menu (thumbs and vr) the menu button "+" has no function and I do not know how to hide it.

You can control which thumbs are shown by creating categories. Only thumbs of the active category are shown.
    Maybe that helps.

Best wishes
    Alex

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!